Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Service vs Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live slightly over 100 mikes from three service centers. The sales advisor said that was great because there is a better chance mobile service will be more likely available to me. Any truth in that? If a trip to a service center is required, especially for warranty work and no loaners are available, what other options does Tesla offer? I can't see that Uber credits would be a viable option. I will be the only driver in the household. I do have another vehicle available to use locally. If the car is undriveable will they just pick up and return it?

Thanks for any info

I live slightly over 100 mikes from three service centers. The sales advisor said that was great because there is a better chance mobile service will be more likely available to me. Any truth in that? If a trip to a service center is required, especially for warranty work and no loaners are available, what other options does Tesla offer? I can't see that Uber credits would be a viable option. I will be the only driver in the household. I do have another vehicle available to use locally. If the car is undriveable will they just pick up and return it?

Thanks for any info
College Station?

I was under the impression that you have to live less than 100 miles to qualify for mobile service.

If your car is undrivable, use the app and go to Roadside, you can request that the vehicle to towed to an SC. I used this when I my tire and wheel got destroyed in Connecticut. At that point you can work with the SC if they can provide a loaner or a rental. As far as mobile service, you have to work with the SC to see if they can work on your problem at your house or at the SC. I am about 2.5 hrs from the closest SC and the last three service was done with mobile, they can do the work at your house or anywhere you say your car will be at the time of service.