Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I'm having some interior trim issues (I knocked the trim on the B pillar loose), and had an appointment next Thursday at the local service center
Tesla contacted me, asked for photos, said the road service team could do it, would I like that, and I said yes

They said "we will be in touch within 24-48 business hours" (I missed the business), and they have not been in touch since Monday

I've got a major issue - Come next Friday, I (and the car) leave on a LONG business trip to Upstate NY, where there is no Service Center (but they DO mobile) (Rochester). By LONG, I'm talking only home on weekends till late September

So how long does Mobile Service take to get to you?

So, I'm having some interior trim issues (I knocked the trim on the B pillar loose), and had an appointment next Thursday at the local service center
Tesla contacted me, asked for photos, said the road service team could do it, would I like that, and I said yes

They said "we will be in touch within 24-48 business hours" (I missed the business), and they have not been in touch since Monday

I've got a major issue - Come next Friday, I (and the car) leave on a LONG business trip to Upstate NY, where there is no Service Center (but they DO mobile) (Rochester). By LONG, I'm talking only home on weekends till late September

So how long does Mobile Service take to get to you?
I had mine scheduled and repaired with 48 hours. They were great and made it nice and easy.

Sorry for your troubles.. just curious, how does one "knock the trim on the B pillar loose"? Was it a defect or were you installing something? Can you share your pictures? Maybe you can save someone else from doing the same..
Thanks!

Sorry for your troubles.. just curious, how does one "knock the trim on the B pillar loose"? Was it a defect or were you installing something? Can you share your pictures? Maybe you can save someone else from doing the same..
Thanks!
I was getting in the car (I have a bum leg) and fell backwards against it! I KNOW it can be snapped into place (nothing is broken that I can see), but Tesla wants to have the parts handy if need be

This is after I mostly put it in place, view from rear seat
GLPS5428.JPG

I was getting in the car (I have a bum leg) and fell backwards against it! I KNOW it can be snapped into place (nothing is broken that I can see), but Tesla wants to have the parts handy if need be

This is after I mostly put it in place, view from rear seatView attachment 411741
Honestly I’d just snap it back in place. Sounds like a ton of effort for something that will be fixed by smacking it with your hand

Reactions: Big-T
I had to wait about a month for a mobile service appointment. No communication or eta while parts were on order. When I asked about it (weekly texts) they would respond with a vague answer, like 'soon'. When parts finally arrived they scheduled it within a week.

I had to wait about a month for a mobile service appointment. No communication or eta while parts were on order. When I asked about it (weekly texts) they would respond with a vague answer, like 'soon'. When parts finally arrived they scheduled it within a week.
Yeah, and I'll be on the other side of the state till October, and the canceled my trip to the shop yesterday, where they probably could have snapped it in, and been done

For me it is was a week for Mobile Service to connect. I also think the do some triage where they prioritize non running cars. As for the apartment keep you eye open for a NEMA 5-10 or 5-20 as most have a few outdoor outlets and 50 miles a night makes a huge difference.

Reactions: KG2V
For me it is was a week for Mobile Service to connect. I also think the do some triage where they prioritize non running cars. As for the apartment keep you eye open for a NEMA 5-10 or 5-20 as most have a few outdoor outlets and 50 miles a night makes a huge difference.
Unfortunately, I know the lots, and they are a bit away from the apartments, but yeah. I'm actually subletting student housing for the first 2 months, then have to find something after that. Yep, a 56 YO guy back in student housing (Joke? My daughter goes to the school, and my son starts in August. When I visit on campus, there is 1 HPWC and 10 J chargers I can use, free)