TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Mobile Trip Planner

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Achilz, May 29, 2018.

1. Achilz

Achilz Member

Does anyone else wish you could use the Tesla navigation tool from your phone? The mobile app will tell me how much range I have on the car, but it won't tell me whether I can reach my destination or where the Superchargers are along the way. I can only plan my trip when I'm sitting in the car using the display. I'd like to be able to do that when I'm at home at night, planning tomorrow's trip.

2. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

3. scsmx

scsmx Member

EVTO is very good at estimating charge level required to get to next stop. I find it more accurate than the nav system's estimate which tends to be very conservative. The key is watching you Wh/mile along with the trip graph on the car's consumption app.

4. ai4px

ai4px Member

Just downloaded EVTO, I'm impressed.

5. aesculus

6. ai4px

ai4px Member

7. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2018.39.6

A Better Route Planner handles all my trip planning needs. It works on pretty much any device, including the Tesla's web browser.

• Like x 1
  8. aesculus

I am. I could work for any EV but lacking a great charging infrastructure like Tesla has,it would only be useful manually.

If a more powerful universal charging network appears the app is modularized so it could be applied to other cars too.

9. aesculus

ABRP is a great web based tool. It's features work for many users who don't need weather factors, battery heating or some of the other dynamic variables EVTO supports.

10. ai4px

ai4px Member

If you need data at various speeds for the Chevy bolt, I have an OBDII reader and a 5 mile absolutely flat strech of highway for testing.

11. animorph

animorph Member

EVTO is the only one I know that works as an app on a phone, though you do need data connectivity to access its servers as far as I know. It's my favorite planner of any type.

EVTripPlanner is the other common browser-based planner.