Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobileye-update active cruise control now working.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received and installed firmware 6.1 (2.2.113). Mobileye Display & iOS Mobileye both report an Er 20.

Found a Mobileye Error List doc with entry for Er 20 -- Error Details: "Speed signal is configured by CAN-bus but the system is not detecting the vehicle CAN- bus", Resolution: "Verify CAN-bus connection, or check vehicle profile is correct"

Anyone else experiencing this? Seems similar to v5.11 change problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Another issue, how does the MobileEye high-beam headlight feature work on the Model S? I haven't figured out how to get mine to control the headlights and I'm think that it just isn't installed right on my car. Do people just manually turn on the high beams and then the MobileEye automatically notices that and dims them momentarily when other cars drive by in the opposite lane?

I'd check with the Mobileye App that the High Beam feature is enabled in the Settings. My installer didn't enable it. Once enabled, it just worked -- lights were on normal and when it saw no cars ahead or coming toward me it turned high beams on/off. I really like that feature on the rural roads I drive.

I'd check with the Mobileye App that the High Beam feature is enabled in the Settings. My installer didn't enable it. Once enabled, it just worked -- lights were on normal and when it saw no cars ahead or coming toward me it turned high beams on/off. I really like that feature on the rural roads I drive.
Okay. Thanks for the info!

I emailed Mobileye three times regarding the speed issue with no response I was concerned that the FCW is reading my car traveling 7mph slower than it actually is.

I finally called and spoke to a tech who told me that after 20mph the Mobileye uses 5mph segments when displaying speed.

The issue of the speed being off can be adjusted by the software but it will always be at best 4mph+/- off (due to the Mobileye only displaying speed in 5mph segments)

He did say that it does not affect the Mobileys FCW warning, as you know this is based on distance and speed from the car in front.

The Auto high beam is a hookup error on your installers part, if he needs some help call Off the Hook (954) 752-6018 they fixed my install after the original installer got it wrong they are very knowledgeable regarding Mobileye.

Have you taken your car in for a firmware update? If so, your Mobileye needs to be flashed to the latest version that will accommodate your Model S realigned data network. Intelligent High Beam Control has to be enabled by the installer during installation. If not, this feature will not show up in the App nor the visual display.

Have you taken your car in for a firmware update? QUOTE]

Which firmware number should we be on when was this implemented

V5.11 is the latest Mobileye firmware for the Model S, if your Model S received Tesla's update during servicing. If the ER-20 persist after double checking the firmware and wiring connection, the unit maybe at fault. Mobileye's manufacture's warranty will cover an exchange if deem defective. Schedule an appointment with an authorized Mobileye dealer for diagnosis.

I just received and installed firmware 6.1 (2.2.113). Mobileye Display & iOS Mobileye both report an Er 20.

Found a Mobileye Error List doc with entry for Er 20 -- Error Details: "Speed signal is configured by CAN-bus but the system is not detecting the vehicle CAN- bus", Resolution: "Verify CAN-bus connection, or check vehicle profile is correct"

Anyone else experiencing this? Seems similar to v5.11 change problems.

I am experiencing the same problem.

Is anyone using a MobilEye 560 with Tesla Release 6.1(2.2.113) and NOT getting the error message?

Update on this. I spoke with a Customer Support person at Mobileye and they are aware of the problem. On Saturday 25 Jan they will be applying a fix to a Tesla to verify that their fix operates correctly. He expects that all dealers should have access to updated firmware on Monday or shortly thereafter. We'll have to see a dealer to get a new firmware flashed into our Mobileye device. [I was told there is no capability within the Mobileye Apps to apply a firmware update.]

Interestingly, the representative said that no other car manufacturer has caused a working Mobileye to malfunction by changing CAN bus codes. This is the third time for Tesla. Tesla hasn't figured out the key rule with interfaces is just like a doctor's: 'Do No Harm".

On Tuesday (27-Jan-2015) I had my Mobileye replaced because its auto high beam function had stopped working. I have 6.1 (2.2.105) which does not produce any error codes. My installer had to call Mobileye tech support for some other issues and was informed that the update for 2.2.113 was not out yet. As a mater of fact, they still have not figured out how to "fix" it.

Unfortunately I was not paying attention to the forum and did the update, which of course broke my Mobileye. Do you get a warm fuzzy that Mobileye is going to fix the issue.
Mobileye is aware of the problem and originally they were going to have a fix at the beginning of the week. I don't know what the state of their fix is now, but I'm sure they are working on it. Ideally, Tesla should just restore the CAN bus packets the way they were before the V6.1 (2.2.113) update. Maybe a direct call to Tesla will help escalate the fix.

I don't know what the state of their fix is now, but I'm sure they are working on it.

Ideally, Tesla should just restore the CAN bus packets the way they were before the V6.1 (2.2.113) update. Maybe a direct call to Tesla will help escalate the fix.

I spent Thursday afternoon at my dealer and they had no luck with the update to Mobileye. Today I spent two hours at dealer [Paradyme in Sacramento, CA] and they applied the latest firmware. It fixed the the Er 20 message, but the Cruise Control interface is not functioning.

I sent a message to Mobileye (via [email protected]) and go the following response: "Many Teslas have already had the update successfully applied. I do not know if your dealership contacted our technical support or not, but I do know that the update is working."

So I don't know if this is still a Mobileye problem or my dealer's problem. Ugh. I'm awaiting a call from the dealer who promised to contact Mobileye.

I sure wish Tesla would keep the CAN bus consistent but I think they are oblivious to the outside world and it would take forever to get a firmware update. If you you know who to call at Tesla, please do it.

Yesterday afternoon (2015 Feb 03 Tuesday) the local MobilEye dealer successfully upgraded my MobilEye 560 system and it now appears to be working properly with 6.1 (2.2.139) Tesla software. The MobilEye technician had to re-calibrate the MobilEye system after installation of the new MobilEye software.

The only untested-as-yet-by-me function is the tapping of the brake pedal when getting too close to someone at speed.

---

It also works with 6.1 (2.2.140) after an Er 20 cycle or two.

Last edited:
I spent Thursday afternoon at my dealer and they had no luck with the update to Mobileye. Today I spent two hours at dealer [Paradyme in Sacramento, CA] and they applied the latest firmware. It fixed the the Er 20 message, but the Cruise Control interface is not functioning.

I sent a message to Mobileye (via [email protected]) and go the following response: "Many Teslas have already had the update successfully applied. I do not know if your dealership contacted our technical support or not, but I do know that the update is working."

So I don't know if this is still a Mobileye problem or my dealer's problem. Ugh. I'm awaiting a call from the dealer who promised to contact Mobileye.

I sure wish Tesla would keep the CAN bus consistent but I think they are oblivious to the outside world and it would take forever to get a firmware update. If you you know who to call at Tesla, please do it.

Mine was successfully updated two weeks ago with no problem. But based on this experience it might very well be the case that every time Tesla downloads a major software upgrade Mobile Eye might have to be updated as well. That will be a real PIA.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know if mobileye will implement full ACC in the (near) future or at all? This is the only thing I would really love to have on my "old" P85 from march 2014.

I think that's where MobileEye would like to go but whether they get there for pre-D Model S's remains to be seen.