Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobility Scooter Lift Electrical Hookup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having a lift for a mobility scooter installed on my Model Y. On gas cars, lifts like this are connected directly to the battery. There is a 20 amp circuit breaker in the harness for the lift, but beyond that I have no clue how much power the lift requires. Has anyone done a similar installation? If so, how did you connect the lift? I am open to suggestions.

One possibility might be the 12 volt connection in the seven-pin trailer connector, but I don't know how much power it can supply. Does anyone know?

I have tried contacting Tesla, but have not heard back yet.

I think the Model Y can only support a vertical load of around 160 lb
It depends on the tongue weight of the trailer hitch.

I found some images of Model X's with lifts.
For example:
1656556278411.png

Upvote 0
sorry to bump this old thread...

Were you able to successfully get a mobility scooter lift installed and powered up?
How bad of a sag is there when the scooter is lifted up?
There was no problem installing a lift. However, the only way I found to power it was to install a separate battery. Fortunately the maker of the lift has a battery that mounts on the lift frame. I have not encountered any problems with sag. However, I have to use trailer mode all the time.

Upvote 0
Has anyone had issues with the Harmar lift and scooter?

I currently have it on my Lincoln Aviator, but I am picking up a new Model X this week. I am also using the external battery kit, it was easier than wiring it in.

I am definitely concerned about the weight. The X max tongue weight of 500 lbs is no problem, but the other listings about 54kg vertical weight concerns me.

Anyone have issues?

Upvote 0