Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mod 3 needs some "firmware upgrades" quickly to be ready to go...........

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
400 miles on my mod 3, and I love the car but the following needs attention quickly:
1) doors don't always open with phone
2) often need to use key to start car
3) doors don't always lock upon exit
4) radio dosn't hold "favorites"
5) pops out of AP way to easily

Just saying.............................

• Informative
Reactions: David99
Your first 3 items are pretty much all based on the phone key, which definitely needs some improvement. What type of phone are you using?

The radio not holding favorites is interesting, do you mean the actual FM radio or the streaming music where you can give songs a thumbs up/down? My FM Radio doesn't even work at all (software 48.15) but its not really that big a deal since i never want to use it.

What do you mean pops out of AP? I haven't had a single instance in ~400 miles where the car disengages AP before i would have done it myself for fear of hitting something. Is it when you go around a turn? At a certain speed? After a certain amount of time?

iphone 6 plus; what I need is an operators manual so I can figure things out myself. Radio is a mystery to me. but I'm old!
AP is not an issue. Had a pop up warning yeaterday but a reboot fixed it. Just not yet comfortable with the car............but what works
is wonderful; fit finish is perfect; interior room is great and looks really good.

• Love
Reactions: Futuresystem
Slacker doesn't come free anymore on model 3, that's why you can't do favorites.

From the Model 3 manual:
Note: Tesla also provides you with a
complimentary Streaming Personal Radio
account for four years. To use your own
Slacker Plus or Premium account instead,
scroll to the bottom of the Streaming source,
enter your credentials, touch Use High Bitrate
to stream higher quality sound (if your Model
3 is equipped with the optional Ultra High
Fidelity Sound package), and then touch
LOGIN. To switch back to your Tesla account,
simply touch USE TESLA ACCOUNT; you don't