Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mod intervention is needed in the autonomous vehicles subforum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The autonomous vehicles subforum is generally really good. There are some deep technical discussions, and folks like verygreen and jimmy_d share their hacking research, which in turn gets featured on Electrek. However, the whole experience is soured by the trolling that goes on unchecked.

The vast majority of the problem can be attributed to just one user, who posts the same stuff in almost every active thread, regardless of how related or unrelated it is to the topic of the thread. This user tries (and usually succeeds) to bait other users into the same old arguments that have been rehashed over and over — arguments that aren’t directly related to the thread topic. The user also employs the tactic of insulting other users, or making up insulting lies about them.

So, in short, the user successfully derails most active threads on the subforum, often by trolling other users until they respond.

This is not just my interpretation of the situation. Based on the posts and “likes” of other users, this is the majority view of subforum participants.

90%+ of the trolling problem could be solved by banning this one user and monitoring for sock puppets.

It would be nice if there were a bit more moderation beyond that to remove snippiness and the occasional drive-by troll, but I understand the mods are busy and may not have the time.

If you’re a mod, please direct message me and I can share further details privately, or if you’d like me to post them here, let me know and I can do that.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and GWord
Why don’t you just report a few posts? Why is this a better answer?

I have reported some posts, but to my knowledge no action has been taken. Does the autonomous vehicles subforum have a moderator assigned to it specifically? It seems like the main subforums (e.g. Models S, X, and 3 and Tesla Inc.) have watchful moderators, but the autonomous vehicles subforum doesn’t seem to get any love.

I would argue it should be considered on par with the main forums since it’s the primary place to discuss the technical aspects of Autopilot and what Tesla is doing with autonomy. You could call it the “Autopilot and Tesla AI” subforum and that would be mostly accurate in terms of what already gets discussed.

Last edited: