Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mode change update speed

strangely

Mar 29, 2017
SoCal
Is it me, or was I just lucky (2 or 3 times in a row) recently when switching from backup mode to self powered and back etc, that the power wall changed mode almost immediately, and without the usual lag of 30-60 mins. for whatever batch update method they used to use to need to complete?

I’m on version 1.40 something. Is this a recent update, or was it luck?

JayClark

Aug 6, 2019
Arizona
I’m on 1.4 something too, and just a week into using a newly installed system and have been pleasantly surprised by updates being applied within minutes. Given most of what I had heard to date had indicated fairly erratic timing and long delays occasionally, I was hoping this is was not just being lucky for the first week or so.

eml2

Sep 28, 2017
Massachusetts
The quick update started in 1.37.1 for me. However, I also notice that immediately after PW receives the update, it goes to Standby for 5 minutes, then back to normal. It happens regardless of what I change. Be it Self-Powered <-> TBC or just reserve % change.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC