Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mode Y premium sound has no punch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just test drive a mode 3 performance and notice that the sound system was way better than my 2021 YLR. Like night and day. The 3 had a way more emergence sound and a puncher base and a fuller sound. Yes, the settings were the same with all the bells switched on. The sales guy at the Tesla place sat in mine and then the 3 and it was noticed big time. It felt like the base and sound was way fuller in the front of the 3 and felt the base everywhere …. My Y … not so much as all. Just felt loud but in now premium and or full. Zero punch. I’m wondering if one of my amps is out or sepakers not working. I don’t know but it is so much difference, it had made me upset. Amy thoughts??

The bass on my factory setup was not very pronounced until volume was fairly high. Even then I had to have the lowest EQ band at 5.5 to 6.5. Aftermarket solutions have 100% fixed it and then some. Fantastic system now!

No need to install both sides but I like the overkill.

Attachments

• 84176792-18DC-4FDF-87BB-FEB4A1A98B28.jpeg
    84176792-18DC-4FDF-87BB-FEB4A1A98B28.jpeg
    562 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: t8ness
The bass on my factory setup was not very pronounced until volume was fairly high. Even then I had to have the lowest EQ band at 5.5 to 6.5. Aftermarket solutions have 100% fixed it and then some. Fantastic system now!

No need to install both sides but I like the overkill.
Are those custom fabricated sub boxes or something you can buy premade? I'm interested to hear about them.

Are those custom fabricated sub boxes or something you can buy premade? I'm interested to hear about them.
Search for my NVX thread. They are not the cheapest solution but it is well integrated and sound really nice.

The factory sub is ported to the passenger side rear hatch pocket. Turn up the system and you can see a vent in that area, should be able to hear bass and feel some air movement. Would help eliminate any concerns.

For many people the factory system sounds great. If you want some more bass then there are aftermarket options.

Check out this site.

I posted a thread about it a while back. Don’t want to hijack this thread.