Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model ☰ License Plate Ideas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"MY CAR" is not available in WA. A version of an old nickname I used to have is, but I'm not sure I want that. I also found one or two possible ideas that are available. I'm not going to post them in case I change my mind, but I don't think I want any of them. Right now the only personalized plate I think I'd want would just be DANIEL, my name, but of course that's not available.

"MY CAR" is not available in WA. A version of an old nickname I used to have is, but I'm not sure I want that. I also found one or two possible ideas that are available. I'm not going to post them in case I change my mind, but I don't think I want any of them. Right now the only personalized plate I think I'd want would just be DANIEL, my name, but of course that's not available.
Reverse the E and A. DENIAL. But that's probably gone also.

Reverse the E and A. DENIAL. But that's probably gone also.

Yeah, but that's not my name. :)

I have a license plate idea. Can the people in this thread help us here in Illinois get personalized EV plates?

Write to your state lawmakers. Stress the money the state would get. But really, if they have not approved vanity plates, they've probably thought about it and decided they don't want it.

Maybe start a Twitter storm. (I don't use Twitter and I know next to nothing about it, but I always hear about stuff going viral.)

Write to your state lawmakers. Stress the money the state would get. But really, if they have not approved vanity plates, they've probably thought about it and decided they don't want it.

Maybe start a Twitter storm. (I don't use Twitter and I know next to nothing about it, but I always hear about stuff going viral.)
Illinois has vanity plates for every car EXCEPT EV's.

Every EV plate in Illinois is a 4 or 5 digit number ( provided by the state ) and ends in "EV".

Illinois has vanity plates for every car EXCEPT EV's.

Every EV plate in Illinois is a 4 or 5 digit number ( provided by the state ) and ends in "EV".
Looking at ILs site, it looks like they end in EL... and are not required, but using the electric vehicle plates discounts your renewal rate. So there is nothing stopping you from doing a custom plate.

Reactions: Garlan Garner

I believe Florida has more vanity plates on offer than any other state. Every university and also almost any cause you can imagine. Beach lovers,manatee lovers,ect.

So did you tell them you had an Electric Car?

A friend here at my job said that they wouldn't give him his $7500 credit unless he insured and listed it as an EV. Upon listing his car as an EV he was assigned a plate that has EL on it.

I thought there was only 1 communist state in the USA. Guess I was wrong. Not mine BTW.

Could you explain this? I think that car insurance is required in every state. And listing a car as an EV seems a requirement for getting the tax credit, because otherwise how would they know? So what about those requirements would make a state communist?