Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model ☰ License Plate Ideas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't care about vanity plates. Forget advertising that you want to have the honor of digging a grave for all the oil/carbon emissions loving slimeballs hocking a carbon-burning future.... just put your money where your priorities are, insofar as you can do that while not completely screwing yourself out of a life. I don't care about status or flash, I just want to see the backwards facing auto dealers/manufacturers out of business. Is that so wrong? ;)

Well, we can also have a good time and a laugh doing so! Every "advertisement" promotes the EV movement.

WATTSUP, EL3CTRC OR 3LECTRC, PLUGNGO, CHARG3D, DRVQTLY, SPCESHP, LOV3LY
CHARG3D (in WA state) is what I am waiting to show up in my mailbox :)
the others from my list that you didn't have are: THREE, MOD3L3, TM3, AMP3D, THE3, MPKWH, TSLA-M3, BLUSTAR, BETA, SUPRCRG, THEFUTR, FUTUR3, 3L3CTRIC, W-VA, E-MC (for any other WA people, when I reserved mine, these were all still available in Washington)
and the couple that were available in WA when I started my list on 4/1/16 but taken by the time I sent in my paperwork were: TESLA3, T3SLA3, MODEL3, AMPS

Reactions: Lem89
Well, we can also have a good time and a laugh doing so! Every "advertisement" promotes the EV movement.

Fair point. I'm with you there. Two of my coworkers said "I'm so tired of hearing about Tesla!" on Friday. Turns out I'm not the only one going on about them... though I am the only one with a Model ≡ reservation... but the news? It's widespread and just won't quit.

It's infuriating when people DON'T see the ridiculousness of what they're being sold at dealerships and by car companies. And then to have FUD like the nonsense about the suspension getting press? I really wish, above all else, we could fix the corruption in the financial industry and in stock trading. In my mind, that's a large part of the motivation for companies to NOT take chances on progress. Negative externalities are really easy to ignore when the money is in the status quo.

I don't care about vanity plates. Forget advertising that you want to have the honor of digging a grave for all the oil/carbon emissions loving slimeballs hocking a carbon-burning future.... just put your money where your priorities are, insofar as you can do that while not completely screwing yourself out of a life. I don't care about status or flash, I just want to see the backwards facing auto dealers/manufacturers out of business. Is that so wrong? ;)
I've been using my plate since 2011 and its purpose is education. EVs were, and still are, very rare here. The concept of an electric car is unknown to most and the majority of vehicles here are trucks or SUVs.

14383252771_823208efc8_n.jpg

In Colorado Springs that could be read as Plug Sin...for the more adventurous it could be Plug's In.
In all the years I have had the plate, it wasn't until I posted it on the TM forum that someone pointed out the "Plug Sin" reading. I suppose I could have gone with PLUGZIN but the "Sin" interpretation never occurred to me, nor has anyone around here ever seen it that way. My first choice was "PLUG-IN", but that one was already gone even back in 2011 in this relatively small state (population about 5 million). My third choice was SUNPWRD but I didn't get that far down the list.

My plate may be boring compared to the cute ones others have but, again, it was intended to teach others in this remote area that EVs exist.

Reactions: Genshi and melindav
In all the years I have had the plate, it wasn't until I posted it on the TM forum that someone pointed out the "Plug Sin" reading. I suppose I could have gone with PLUGZIN but the "Sin" interpretation never occurred to me, nor has anyone around here ever seen it that way. My first choice was "PLUG-IN", but that one was already gone even back in 2011 in this relatively small state (population about 5 million). My third choice was SUNPWRD but I didn't get that far down the list.

My plate may be boring compared to the cute ones others have but, again, it was intended to teach others in this remote area that EVs exist.

I definitely don't think it's boring and would give you a double thumbs up if I saw you. The comment was more based on how conservative some of Colorado can be. I live in Colorado Springs and when people see my place "EV LVE" they ask if it's EV Love. I saw that or Evolve, depending on how what you're beliefs are.

Yeah, I'm all for education and promotion. I didn't intend to belittle that notion in any way. It was more the vanity part of vanity plate that I shy away from. I'm not a terribly social person, and I prefer my interactions when I'm out in the world to be limited to getting my sh*t done and carrying on with my day. That said, I do take every social opportunity to talk to friends, family, strangers, etc about Tesla and Solarcity and SpaceX, so my opinion about how blatantly I advertise my car as electric may change by the time I actually get the car. (If I get it, fiscal constraints still top the list of reasons I might not.)

Being in Portland, OR though, my hunch is by the time cars are rolling off the line, hardly anyone (where I live) won't have heard about it, there will be little need to advertise it. In the meantime, I will continue to espouse the gospel of electric cars and renewables to all I talk to. I think the groundswell of support for electric will really skyrocket in the next few years as people see hundreds of thousands of very nice looking cars on the road. Hopefully in the same timeframe, battery backed solar powered off grid or partial off grid options become the most convenient and cost effective solutions for people in lower income brackets.