Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah. Where is it disproven. Just read a Reuters article where it looked like the story is real.

But I would not be surprised if Tesla plan to delay the Model 2 util they will be guaranty that they could sell at least 2 million of it or more a year.
Currently, the demand for EV seems to not increase at the expected rate, and even hybrid get more popular.

I think one of the reasons is that there is not enough charging solutions for people who cannot charge at home or during the day at work.
Many people in cities park at night in the street and there is a need to be able to charge at night while sleeping.

Many HOA (homeowners association) don't let tenants having a plug installed in the parking or garage of a building. However,
in China, Tesla sells a locking box to put a charger inside so you could have your own private plug, but it is not available in US.

A lot of L2 public chargers are also vandalised for getting they copper cable cut and sold at a scrap yard.
Installing wireless public chargers could be a solution for making charging simple and less prone to be vadalised.

Last edited:
But I would not be surprised if Tesla plan to delay the Model 2 util they will be guaranty that they could sell at least 2 million of it or more a year.
Currently, the demand for EV seems to not increase at the expected rate, and even hybrid get more popular.

I think one of the reasons is that there is not enough charging solutions for people who cannot charge at home or during the day at work.
Many people in cities park at night in the street and there is a need to be able to charge at night while sleeping.

A lot of L2 public chargers are also vandalised for getting they copper cable cut and sold at a scrap yard.
Installing wireless public chargers could be a solution for making charging simple and less prone to be vadalised.
a $25k Model 2 would heavily eat into Model 3 and Model Y sales because not everyone needs a car that big. Also - the margins of lower priced cars are much lower than of a $45k+ vehicle. Hard to see a Model 2 for under $30k happening with assembly in the US. Also - Tesla is notorious for delays and we haven't even seen any unveiling of designs/ prototypes. Don't see a Model 2 being delivered before 2026-2027 (...)

Reactions: Watts_Up
I believe the Reuters story is accurate. It appears to be well sourced. Elon did not deny that the Model 2 program has been ended or paused. His “Reuters is lying” post is non-specific and in line with his general rants against news reports that he doesn’t like. And Elon’s recent track record of statements on social media only works against him.

In my opinion, Elon’s focus on FSD and “robotaxis” is a mistake and likely not achievable in a useful way for some time. After almost 10 years of promising real FSD “this year” it has still not happened. Elon has lost credibility in that department (and may others). I have driven the latest FSD V13 release. It’s amazing but not close to L5 capability. I’ve been using EAP for 6 years but have no interest in paying for FSD even at half the price it is currently offered at. The current FSD take rate is clearly very low.

If Tesla cannot profitably produce an EV at somewhere around the $25K price point, the stock is worth even less that it is at right now. Supercharger network revenues and energy storage product revenues cannot compensate for that. Every single model Tesla has introduced has been at a significantly higher price point than promised and often with less capability. As a long time TSLA investor I am reevaluating my position.

If true, the cancellation of the low-cost, mass-market vehicle is a huge disappointment. Especially to also continue with the launch of a new Roadster - a vehicle 1% of people can and will buy; a toy for the wealthy; the complete opposite of a “$25k” car. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Why tf even announce the low-cost car to turn around and cancel it so soon after? The reveal was supposed to be in 2024!

Now we get a so-called Robotaxi when FSD is still a long way away from supporting such a fleet!? gtfoh

So what platform will this futur "Robo-Taxi" will be using:

- A Model Y without steering wheel and pedals?

- A special new smaller platform with only two doors?

- A larger minivan type of vehicle, derived from the Model X or the Cybertruck, that could be also used for the Boring tunnel n Las Vegas?