Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 2018.48.1 Trips and Tire Pressure Cards not displaying

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

After the 48.1 update and configuring PIN to drive, the trips and tire pressure cards are no longer displaying. I would like to know if anyone else is seeing this:

Old version where everything was working correctly:

New version where trips and tire pressure aren't available:
2018.48.1 cc5ef2e
PIN to drive ON

Swiping left in cards area normally displays tire pressure, now nothing
Swiping right in cards area normally displays trips/odometer reading, now nothing

Tapping on wipers (to turn on and set wiper frequency) shows, an animation of a card fading to right in behind the wiper card.

So, currently, I can't view or clear any trip meter/odometer and I can't view tire pressure.

I have done both styles of reset:
- hold down both steering wheel buttons until Tesla symbol shows up
- from screen: Controls -> Safety & Security -> Power Off. Wait 5 mins (I set a timer), then push brake to power back on

I've taken 2 short (< 10s) videos, but I have no accounts at any of the supported video upload sites so I couldn't attach those. I'm not sure a picture of the cards area helps but I'm including it anyway.

Any suggestions?

CardsMissing.jpg

I think there's a thread that mentions the order of windows that are drawn on the left side getting stuck with something "on top" of the rest of the view, so swiping there does nothing. I'm having a hard time finding it, but if I do I'll link in here.

Would it revert to previous behavior if you turn PIN off?

Hi Tam,

I just tried your suggestion. Here's the steps I took.

1) Turned off PIN to drive
Still can't view the trip meter(s) or tire pressure

2) Restarted the touchscreen (holding down steering wheel buttons)

3) Turned ON PIN to drive

I've left it and will take fr100's suggestion to call Tesla this week.

I saw this behavior back with 42.3 ... same symptoms ... the quick-access card with the camera, charging, voice command, and wipers button was there, but the car would not allow me to swipe right or left to get to the tire pressures or the trip meters. The 3 dots underneath the cards were grayed-out as well.

This persisted through several screen reboots, nothing I did could fix it.

I was finally able to get it working using the following procedure:

1. Pull over and stop the car in a parking lot.
2. Leave the car in drive, but engage brake hold (push bard on brake until brake (H) symbol appears).
3. Unbuckle your seat belt. This will cause the seatbelt warning card to display over the quick access card.
4. Swipe left on the seatbelt warning card, this will now shift to the tire pressure card.
5. Put car in park, rebuckle seat belt.
6. Verify that you can now swipe to the quick access, tire pressure, and trip meter cards.

The issue appears to be an overlay or z-axis problem with the quick access card. Apparently, the CPU thought that the quick access card was in the background or otherwise "behind" another card, so the swipes weren't going through to it. Bringing the seatbelt card up and swiping on it apparently brings the whole card stack to the foreground, allowing you to swipe on it again.

I saw this behavior back with 42.3 ... same symptoms ... the quick-access card with the camera, charging, voice command, and wipers button was there, but the car would not allow me to swipe right or left to get to the tire pressures or the trip meters. The 3 dots underneath the cards were grayed-out as well.

2. Leave the car in drive, but engage brake hold (push bard on brake until brake (H) symbol appears).
3. Unbuckle your seat belt. This will cause the seatbelt warning card to display over the quick access card.
4. Swipe left on the seatbelt warning card, this will now shift to the tire pressure card.
6. Verify that you can now swipe to the quick access, tire pressure, and trip meter cards.

The issue appears to be an overlay or z-axis problem with the quick access card. Apparently, the CPU thought that the quick access card was in the background or otherwise "behind" another card, so the swipes weren't going through to it. Bringing the seatbelt card up and swiping on it apparently brings the whole card stack to the foreground, allowing you to swipe on it again.

Thanks works like a charm.

I noticed the three dots at the bottom of display which show which card you are on were all greyed out, indicating I was not on any card. After fixing using your advice, the appropriate dot is bold.

Thanks again.

Reactions: SomeJoe7777

I just had this issue on 2019.28.2 and your fix worked! Thank you for posting/sharing! I tried rebooting multiple times without luck but this worked flawlessly!

This thread is difficult to find for the usual reasons (how do you search for a problem that can be worded many ways)
Just a friendly tip when searching the forum for a particular issue:

- go to google.com
- enter search terms that are fairly unique to the problem / issue
- add the following string at the end of the search: site:teslamotorsclub.com

For example, for this problem I just used: swipe card not displaying site:teslamotorsclub.com

and this thread was the first hit in the list. By using the site: keyword, Google should limit its results to whatever domain name is provided.

Reactions: SomeJoe7777