Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 2020 Wet boot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I can't be the only one whose boot is always wet? I am not sure if its leaking or its just the awful designs of the back windows running into the boot when you open it. If there is any ice melted on the rear window, as soon as you open the boot it just falls inside. Madness.

Anyone else?

Attachments

• IMG_8005.jpg
    IMG_8005.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 213
So I can't be the only one whose boot is always wet? I am not sure if its leaking or its just the awful designs of the back windows running into the boot when you open it. If there is any ice melted on the rear window, as soon as you open the boot it just falls inside. Madness.

Anyone else?
I had a puddle in the boot. I raise a ticket and a ranger came along and replaced the boot seal. No more puddles in the boot. Even when opening the boot lid. Hope this helps. Mar 2020 M3 LR AWD.

Anyone else?
There are several ways that water can get into the boot including leaking in around the chargeport, bootseal, hinge fixings, lights and boot lid.
but it may just be falling in when you open it as you said.
if you dare take out the under boot storage bin that is where it ends up if its a bad leak and it has insulation that soaks it up and holds on to it
its pretty easy to remove. take off the plastic strip at the back of the boot and then it just lifts out.

The seal around the bottom of the rear window has been re-designed recently as rain water always ran off it into the open boot. On new cars now the water drains around the boot seal and runs down the side.

Ice and snow might be too much for it to cope with though.

To me, your boot seal at the bottom doesn’t look right. I picked up a Model 3 yesterday from Tesla and it was very steamed up indeed inside. I felt the bottom of the lower rear boot and the carpet was sodden sadly. I’ve taken it out to dry it out indoors and the car is booked into the SC next week to understand where it is coming in.