Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree, I prefer it to be chrome and the ability to change it to anything else. Like you said, you can't go from black to chrome with a wrap unless you want it to look hideous.

Reactions: EV Promoter
Will the 2021 restore the frunk hooks, frunk mat, ambient door lighting, NEMA 14-50 UMC plug, and free Premium Connectivity for life that the 2018's had? Sometime having an older model has it's advantages;).
*Don't forget included homelink, dimming side mirrors, ...

I have a 2018 and I think the only way I'd give up some of these nice features we have is for a quieter cabin, especially if some of the rumors are true about including double-pane acoustic glass. All the other things are fairly easy to retrofit/replace but I've sound deadened the entire rear of the car and haven't noticed any appreciable difference that a structural design change could achieve.

A heat pump is much more efficient than a resistance heater at temperatures around 10C. "California cold". A heat pump is a big deal in places like Europe, where temps between 5C and 15C are the norm.

At temperatures below freezing, a heat pump uses a resistive heater to prevent ice from forming in the heat pump's outlet airway. This resistive heating makes the heat pump less efficient at low temperatures. By about -10C, the heat pump will be about the same as resistive heating.

US EPA fuel economy/range tests include a hot cycle at 95F (45C) and a cold cycle at 20F (-6.7C). These temperature points don't benefit from a heat pump, so a heat pump will have no benefit to the EPA range rating. That's why a lot of other OEMs put heat pumps in European EVs but delete them from the US models. But even without a rated range benefit, we'll see a big real world benefit from a heat pump. In California it will be a big help from November through March, while in the Midwest or Canada it'll be a big benefit in October/November and March/April.

Its just been a month I got my model 3 and new model 3 are coming with heat pump, I was so disappointed that I did not wait to order, but now with this comment I'm so relieved as I live in Canada and as it doesn't make much of a difference when its too cold

Reactions: M109Rider
Its just been a month I got my model 3 and new model 3 are coming with heat pump, I was so disappointed that I did not wait to order, but now with this comment I'm so relieved as I live in Canada and as it doesn't make much of a difference when its too cold
Whatever helps you sleep. I like to think my car is lighter without the power trunk and double pane windows.

• Funny
Reactions: sightman
I hear you. I woke my wife up at 630 to tell her. Luckily she was awake and I got an eye roll. I have an august 2020 build. So while the updates make me a bit jealous, the LR AWD is an amazing machine already.

Reactions: M109Rider