Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 2023 rear window tint -

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 2023 rear window tint - do you need to tint the rear window or is it ok to leave it?
It is partially tinted already to about half way of the rear windshield and the tinting place said they can’t do one film anyway and will need to do 2 films and connect. Im wondering if I should just not tint the rear window and just for the side windows. Will it look odd ?
Thoughts much appreciated!

Thank you!

Model 3 2023 rear window tint - do you need to tint the rear window or is it ok to leave it?
It is partially tinted already to about half way of the rear windshield and the tinting place said they can’t do one film anyway and will need to do 2 films and connect. Im wondering if I should just not tint the rear window and just for the side windows. Will it look odd ?
Thoughts much appreciated!

Thank you!
My local shop (Northern Cal) did a single sheet ceramic (15%). It took about 3 hours for the rear window. I ended up doing 15% for the rear side and back and 35% for the front side.

Can anyone recommend a good shop for tinting my 2019 black Model 3 SR+. I just moved to the Palm Beach area of Florida and the sun is quite powerful here. I would like a dark tint that is street legal.

This would be the first time I ever had after market tinting so I really need guidance.

The answer to whether you need to tint the rear window of your Model 3 2023 depends on a few factors. Firstly, you should consider your local laws and restrictions: some states have regulations banning or restricting car window tinting, so it's best to check before making any changes. Secondly, think about why you want to tint the rear window. If you're looking for additional privacy, or to reduce glare or heat inside the car, then it might be worth tinting your rear window. On the other hand, if you think it may affect the visibility of traffic behind you while driving, then it's probably best not to tint it. Ultimately, the decision is yours and should depend on your individual needs and preferences. With a bit of research, you can make the best decision for your Model 3 2023 rear window.

Skipped mine and just did the sides. Saved a bunch of cash and don't even notice it's not tinted. In fact, I'd be concerned about usability of the rearview mirror at night if I did. I did do my side windows, and have to roll the windows down to get a good view at night when parking (can see other cars headlights just fine). Maybe try without and go back in to have it done if it bothers you.

Skipped mine and just did the sides. Saved a bunch of cash and don't even notice it's not tinted. In fact, I'd be concerned about usability of the rearview mirror at night if I did. I did do my side windows, and have to roll the windows down to get a good view at night when parking (can see other cars headlights just fine). Maybe try without and go back in to have it done if it bothers you.
What tint shade requires you to need to roll windows down?
My brother has 5% all around his Jetta and no tint on the windshield, it's too much transition at night, so I need to roll those down in parking lots. It wouldn't be as bad if the front was lightly tinted. It taught me to never get 5% though. So I will get 70% windshield, 20% front, 15% all rear windows and 70% for the roof. As I have seen white interiors this combo might be exactly what I'd be looking for.
PS, lots of people use the cameras when they have too dark of tint, js.

I installed tint on only the side windows of my grandparents car, I've since called this tint setup the grandpa tint, lol

What tint shade requires you to need to roll windows down?
My brother has 5% all around his Jetta and no tint on the windshield, it's too much transition at night, so I need to roll those down in parking lots. It wouldn't be as bad if the front was lightly tinted. It taught me to never get 5% though. So I will get 70% windshield, 20% front, 15% all rear windows and 70% for the roof. As I have seen white interiors this combo might be exactly what I'd be looking for.
PS, lots of people use the cameras when they have too dark of tint, js.

I installed tint on only the side windows of my grandparents car, I've since called this tint setup the grandpa tint, lol

I have since killed the auto-dimming of the side view mirrors and problem solved. Still rocking the grandpa tint, too. Don't feel any need at all to tint the rear, windshield, or roof.

Reactions: Snowdoody