Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 2023 updates? Or what would you guys like to see?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn’t the Mode 3 LR already come with phantom braking standard? Mine has it.

Wow, really? Now it's a $1000 option under EAP ...

1661200838666.png

If I was car shopping (I'm not):
I would have loved a metal roof and nice cloth seats.
Add steering wheel with cruise control buttons, and add a stalk for wipers (yeah, I know, not minimalist).

For what I have:
Fix auto-wipers, they suck (I understand the interaction with the front-facing camera, but FFS fix it). No matter the setting, go "down one" when stopped (my 1994 BMW did this, it was a nice touch)
Add lights on when wipers on (as option).

How about a "try it out" one week option for Performance Boost? I'd like to try it, but I'm not paying that much without trying.

And .... Re-cast/re-target "Full Self Driving" as a Level 4 system. Remove auto steer from the existing system.

Apparently new steering wheel + removal of the stocks
Are they trying to make the cars less desirable so that they backlog will shrink?

Or are they further trying to ensure that they are seen as the "BMW of EVs" by reducing the likelihood of the turn signals being used?

Are they trying to make the cars less desirable so that they backlog will shrink?

Or are they further trying to ensure that they are seen as the "BMW of EVs" by reducing the likelihood of the turn signals being used?
I actually think that the touch-sensitive buttons are great. The turn signals are really easy to use and automatically turn off when switching lanes which I quite like. However, I think that the touch-sensitive horn sucks...

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
I actually think that the touch-sensitive buttons are great. The turn signals are really easy to use and automatically turn off when switching lanes which I quite like. However, I think that the touch-sensitive horn sucks...
I would love to have both touch signal and horn button since the current MY signal stalk and horn suck. The horn has very limited and specific area that I need to push very hard to activate. I miss those spots a lot of times during some close call moments, which can be very dangerous.

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
I have never driven a car without stalks for indicators. But I can;t see it being a good thing. The position of the "Indicators" changes as you move the wheel. Fine for turning when you are going straight, but that's far form the only time you need them.

I have never driven a car without stalks for indicators. But I can;t see it being a good thing. The position of the "Indicators" changes as you move the wheel. Fine for turning when you are going straight, but that's far form the only time you need them.
FYI, you are supposed to turn the signal on BEFORE you make the turn or change lane, so the position doesn't really change to the point that drivers get confused.