Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 2023 updates? Or what would you guys like to see?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone…I was just wondering if anyone has seen or aware of any leaks for any upcoming updates to our model 3 for the year 2023. I feel like during the previous years we have seen leaks or rumours at least online on what it could be….I know there was one in the source code about the second display a while back where people were speculating about a heads up display or possibly a second screen in the back like S/X

or interestingly what would you guys like to see? I couldn’t think of anything more they can add to the model 3 hardwire wise other than a heads up display which would be perfect.

If Ive missed anything please let me know or what would you like to see added on to model 3 for possible 2023 models

Reactions: DocHolliday
There are some UI improvements that I would like to see (that should only require software update):
  • Automatic headlights on when wipers are on (or at least a user settable option for that).
  • Climate control UI improvements:
    • Fan speed slider on the bottom instead of the middle of the screen when climate control is up.
    • Able to turn heat off (like AC off).
    • If both heat and AC are off, the temperature control on the bottom bar should change to a fan speed control.
    • Ability to choose a range of interior temperatures so that if the interior is between them, neither heat nor AC is on.
  • More than 5 user settable controls on the bottom bar.
  • Add the following user settable control options:
    • Glovebox open.
    • Headlights.
  • Move the lane watch displays to the upper part of the screen (i.e. closer to one's sight line when checking the mirrors for a lane change).
  • Bring back the optional displays in the lower left that were there in the V10 UI (e.g. tire pressures).

I have not heard rumors about the 2023 like we did with the 2021 and to a lessor extent 2022. Here is my wish list, some software others hardware. Move the effen clock out of the maps portion and place it to the right. More times than not, it gets lost with the maps content. More shortcuts and the ability to customize the u/i like Android launchers. Vented seats, is the summer my back sweats even with white seats. The vegan leather just doesn't breathe. I would love a HUD, I don't want a second screen, just a HUD.

Reactions: Brou and Adam3
There are some UI improvements that I would like to see (that should only require software update):

• Climate control UI improvements:
    • Fan speed slider on the bottom instead of the middle of the screen when climate control is up.
    • Able to turn heat off (like AC off).
    • If both heat and AC are off, the temperature control on the bottom bar should change to a fan speed control.
    • Ability to choose a range of interior temperatures so that if the interior is between them, neither heat nor AC is on.
  • Move the lane watch displays to the upper part of the screen (i.e. closer to one's sight line when checking the mirrors for a lane change).
These two i would quite like to see as well

I have not heard rumors about the 2023 like we did with the 2021 and to a lessor extent 2022. Here is my wish list, some software others hardware. Move the effen clock out of the maps portion and place it to the right. More times than not, it gets lost with the maps content. More shortcuts and the ability to customize the u/i like Android launchers. Vented seats, is the summer my back sweats even with white seats. The vegan leather just doesn't breathe. I would love a HUD, I don't want a second screen, just a HUD.
I dont foresee an actual HUD happening for Model 3 at least but I would really really love a headsup display

So far there no leaks/rumors. I spend quite some time on the German Forums and those guys over there seem to be up to date.
I thought so too - I remember seeing back in the day some leaks but for this year I've literally not heard anything :( ...maybe there is no improvements coming 2023 as they added the heated steering wheel and wipers

I would love a HUD, I don't want a second screen, just a HUD.

Yeah, a HUD would provide driver front facing basic instrumentation without the cost (or complexity) of a full display, or necessitate a major redesign of the dash (which would affect the air vent system, etc.) Just need a cutout/projector on top of the dash, which it's totally out of way.

And since we know Musk has a thing about "The steering wheel blocks a dash display ", this wouldn't push that button. I'm also aware of his stance on making the product simpler ...

To be clear, I'm pretty much OK without it, but would welcome the addition. :)

• Add the following user settable control options:
    • Glovebox open.
    • Headlights
Agree on adding glovebox option to launcher area at the bottom of the screen, even though I don't need it that much. However, having a headlight option duplicates a function that already exists: just tap on the headlight icon at the top left of the screen. That brings up a headlight menu at the bottom of the visualization area where you can change settings. It doesn't take up the entire map area like hitting the car icon does.

1. Fan speed slider with - and + icons/buttons on either end, so I can actually adjust to the desired speed instead of going from 1 to 4 by accident all the time.
2. Ventilated front seats
3. Auto Frunk
4. Factory installed garage opener
Story of my life. Fan speed bar is ridiculously distracting while driving. Granted these are very easy software improvements and not necessarily "2023 model" improvements.

Reactions: nate704
Give option for Sirius/XM. It's been proven on here that swapping the Model 3 tuner with one out of a Model X/S that has SiriusXM does work on some models.
CarPlay/Android Auto
Ventilated Seats - I'm surprised Tesla hasn't done this yet since this is supposed to be a luxury vehicle. Even the Chevy Bolt offers this in the Premier trim.