Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 20in Turbines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All set with tires and TPMS. Just need the car. Delivery is set for the 29th.

IMG_3950.JPG

Do they effect handling or acceleration noticeably? My old RX-7 had big wheels (19's or maybe 20's) with ultra low profile tires, and the weight loss in going to cheap stock wheels was so noticeable that it handled better on 15's with snow tires...

But the turbines do look awesome!

Do they effect handling or acceleration noticeably? My old RX-7 had big wheels (19's or maybe 20's) with ultra low profile tires, and the weight loss in going to cheap stock wheels was so noticeable that it handled better on 15's with snow tires...

But the turbines do look awesome!

The stock tires are all season so the upgrade to UHP makes a huge difference. Clearly heavier wheels are going to slow the acceleration a bit however it’s a net positive over the All season tires. If you want the best of both worlds look for a larger aftermarket wheel that’s also light weight but generally you’re in for more $$$

The stock tires are all season so the upgrade to UHP makes a huge difference. Clearly heavier wheels are going to slow the acceleration a bit however it’s a net positive over the All season tires. If you want the best of both worlds look for a larger aftermarket wheel that’s also light weight but generally you’re in for more $$$
Hey Kenriko

Your M3 looks awesome! Question: have you compared your range and acceleration numbers with the stock rims/tires and these 20s from EV Direct? I'm trying to decide if I should get these or not but want to know how much accel and range is be giving up for the aesthetics. Thanks!

Hey Kenriko

Your M3 looks awesome! Question: have you compared your range and acceleration numbers with the stock rims/tires and these 20s from EV Direct? I'm trying to decide if I should get these or not but want to know how much accel and range is be giving up for the aesthetics. Thanks!

I get 280wh/mi @ 75mph in real world conditions @ 60 degrees f. Generally I get around 270ish mixed. And when I was flogging the car more (lots of 0-60 pulls) it was around 300wh/mi. Worst I've seen was 340wh/mi @ 80mph with the heater on @80 in 40 degree f weather.

The stock 18in tires were slower in general since they would spin when you would floor it unless you were on a perfect surface in warm weather. My 0-60 was clocked around 6s with them in cold conditions since they did not want to grip for the first 20mph or so of the pull.