Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 3D model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I created a model of the M3 based on available photos. Would love to know what you think. Unleash your comments!

Tesla Model 3 Sedan by mike - 3D model

Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 11.41.53 AM.png

Comparison below with wheels aligned. Looks pretty good, but front and back are too short. Also, the windshield should be more forward. Front wheel well is too much forward, wheels need to be larger and better aligned with the wheel wells. Look at the space between front door leading edge and the front wheel well.

tsm3.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Gunn
Good observation Pando, I think my proportions are a bit off, and my personal bias for favouring cars with small overhangs probably creeped into the modelling process.

Not sure what to do with the wheel size, they are 18" at the rim which seems reasonable for a 3 series fighter. But I have no idea what kind of wheels are in the photo, 19"? 20"?

That body line through the lower part of the door is way too long. Agreed, your proportions are way off.

Don't get me wrong, I have NO experience in 3D modeling but theres no way you don't see how parts of it are way off. It looks like a physical model made out of parts from other cars.

No offense but I think you jumped the gun revealing this so early.

• Disagree
Reactions: JSBulmer
Good observation Pando, I think my proportions are a bit off, and my personal bias for favouring cars with small overhangs probably creeped into the modelling process.

Not sure what to do with the wheel size, they are 18" at the rim which seems reasonable for a 3 series fighter. But I have no idea what kind of wheels are in the photo, 19"? 20"?

Respect, respect, respect.... for me it is unbelievable how you manage to fix such a 3d-M3. But as everyone knows: "perfect doesn't exist, you can always make it better".

I would be proud of myself if I could manage things like Mike draw on 3d.
But I also found one online that seems "almost perfect" from a company that just do things like that day and night. professional.
I don't like the word "awesome" but.... look at this!
3D model of Tesla Model 3 2018