Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 3D printed nose add-on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What printer are you using or was this printed in several parts? On thingiverse you can also share with a notice to use with discretion do to known and unknown concerns allowing others (like me:) ) to play with the file ;).

great look by the way ... am considering how to do something similar to my Model Y when it comes in.

Ok I saw another video showing it printed in 3 parts ... just had a thought ... what if you omitted the Tesla logo in the middle instead of adding to the top ... if its omitted, then it may allow for more visibility to the radar and it might look like the logo is removed from there and added to the hood.

Or it might just look like crap ... reason I'd like the STL files to play around with different ideas :)

Ok I saw another video showing it printed in 3 parts ... just had a thought ... what if you omitted the Tesla logo in the middle instead of adding to the top ... if its omitted, then it may allow for more visibility to the radar and it might look like the logo is removed from there and added to the hood.

Or it might just look like crap ... reason I'd like the STL files to play around with different ideas :)
The logo is not part of my design, I just reused the one found on Thingiverse and cut it to mate it to my part. So I can see if it's better or not without it.

I'll probably make the file available after I've tested it. I don't know if it will fit the curvature of model Y bumper though. I 3D scanned my M3 bumper to make a perfect fit, I uploaded that 3D scan to Thingiverse.
I believe the radar is under the right arm of my part.

ya without having the model Y yet we wont know if it will fit or not. I'll look forward to you uploading the files if only to play around with them.

Another option is to use the 3d model to create a mold. Then that mold can be used to create the part in different materials to see what works best.

Needless to say, you're on the right track since it looks like many are interested in your design. Great Work!

Hi All,
After much priming and polishing, I finally got to paint and install my front moustache and logo. After asking around, people preferred the silver gray finish to the chrome, so i went with this for version 1. We'll see how the feed-back goes, I might try my chrome paint too at some point.

Is there a way to easily remove the Tesla logo on the hood ? Is it just glued ? Can i just apply a bit of heat ? I tried to cover it with vinyl, the sides are not easy to do.

Final V1.jpg

Final V1 close.jpg

short clip:
Final V1.mp4

Reactions: KenC
It does not show much on the picture below but I repainted the part with a more shiny paint, that matches better with the other chrome trims. I just need to remove the chrome Tesla logo on the hood. So once last picture, as a conclusion:
IMG_20190902_192908.jpg

IMG_20190902_192500.jpg

Those who have experience with 3D printing and are interested in the STL files, you can contact me through private message.

Last edited:
It does not show much on the picture below but I repainted the part with a more shiny paint, that matches better with the other chrome trims. I just need to remove the chrome Tesla logo on the hood. So once last picture, as a conclusion:
View attachment 449494
View attachment 449497

Those who have experience with 3D printing and are interested in the STL files, you can contact me through private message.
Would you consider making one to ship to the US? My car is white and not chrome so I think mat black would look best. If you are not interested do you know of anyone who is selling these?