Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 7.2” Rear Entertainment Display Install and Honest Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just tried this on my "Satonic" branded unit, and it worked fine, got rid of those horrible logos. Thanks so much for sharing this!

Did you use the Hannshow update file, make the changes, and then load on to your Satonic branded unit? Or did you use the Satonic update file to do the same?

I would love to do this with my 7.2" Catronic unit, even though it's not branded, I'd like to add my own boot page/image. The problem is the Catronic update file is a .bin file and it cannot be opened and manipulated like the one can mentioned here earlier. I've wondered if I could just flash it with the Hannshow update file or if that would not work. I don't want to try it and break something, so...

BTW.... I got the 7.2" that I got with the bigger AC opening:

1697744292288.png

Did you use the Hannshow update file, make the changes, and then load on to your Satonic branded unit? Or did you use the Satonic update file to do the same?

I would love to do this with my 7.2" Catronic unit, even though it's not branded, I'd like to add my own boot page/image. The problem is the Catronic update file is a .bin file and it cannot be opened and manipulated like the one can mentioned here earlier. I've wondered if I could just flash it with the Hannshow update file or if that would not work. I don't want to try it and break something, so...
That’s what I did. Changed mine so it boots to the T Tesla logo like the main screen when its reboot. Not sure if that update firmware is the same for all of these displays with differing vent sizes. I’ve thought of purchasing one from Ali that has cellular capability via a sim slot, but I haven’t because I want the update file accessibility before purchasing so I can control the boot and lock screens.

Hi. New to this but finally thinking of getting the rear display.
I take it that the only way to play streaming video (netflix/etc.) is using hotspot?
My cell phone service doesnt have hotspot. Any other way to play using the phone? Can you stream from phone (with data) on to the display somehow?

Reactions: PauliePucks
Hi. New to this but finally thinking of getting the rear display.
I take it that the only way to play streaming video (netflix/etc.) is using hotspot?
My cell phone service doesnt have hotspot. Any other way to play using the phone? Can you stream from phone (with data) on to the display somehow?
This is pretty much the only way - or preload a USB-C thumb drive with a few movies. I did this and have had no issues. The other alternative is to get a dash display that has a 4G sim slot, add a line to your mobile account with a sim, and then use that as a hotspot.

If you go the latter, you could also get rid of premium connectivity too.

Hi Jestered, I just ordered the Cartronics 7.2" display. Did you ever get the boot logo to change to Tesla? Please let me know. Thank you!