Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 8th best selling car in december

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the TM3 was the 8th best selling car in the UK in December (with 2.8K sales) Smmt usually class Tesla brands as "other" Record year for zero emission cars fails to reboot UK market, as sector calls for supportive policies to boost uptake - SMMT

December-2019-best-sellers_cars.png

RD

Nice. I also saw that BEV have (just) passed PHEV in the totals this month. Lets hope all those people who haven't replaced their diesel yet are waiting for BEV too (and that the public charging infrastructure starts to catch up).

Won’t change until Tesla pay to be a member of SMMT
Seems it may be a bit more nuanced than I thought

SMMT on Twitter

Looks like SMMT are confirming they're tesla numbers - and as it's a table of models not manufacturers it must be Model 3 - but won't attribute them as tesla unless tesla also confirm/publish. And tesla don't publish regional sales numbers.

"Other" also dropped to 9 from 8 in a correction they made to the stats earlier today

Reactions: tsh2 and Joelly
To be fair, the article is about the whole of 2019, Model 3's have only been selling in numbers for the last 4 months so they are nowhere near if you look across the whole year. The 8th (now 9th) spot was just december.
The first half of the article is top 10, then there is a 'by manufacturer' breakdown. I guess not having clear numbers for Tesla doesn't help.