TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 AC Completely Dead 400 miles from home.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by gurtburns, Sep 2, 2018.

1. gurtburns

gurtburns Member

Grrrrr. I’ve spent the past 2 days of what was supposed to be a fun road trip without AC. I went to in plug it yesterday from. 120v charge at my in laws and the AC cut out. No air - Nothing. After a few hours of sitting and cycling(2 button restart and power off) it can on only to cut out again this morning. Cut out when I was unplugging from a EVConnect(32a level 2) I can’t seem to get it to kick back on. As a side note I also clicked it down to Lo both times but I don’t know if it’s related at all.

I called roadside and they have no idea and the logs show nothing.

Please send Cool thoughts so I can make it though the weekend and Ellie(p3d+) can get rid of her fever.

• Love x 1
  2. IdaX

IdaX Member

120V doesn't have enough juice to run the A/C. What's your charge level at?

My ModelX had the A/C nonfunctional shortly after delivery. Turned out to be a leak in Freon-equivalent. Tesla fixed it up for me; take it to a service center or call the ranger if you think you might have a similar issue.

3. gurtburns

gurtburns Member

Both times I was sitting at 60%. I’ve got a service appointment scheduled. It’s kicked back on after I let it sit undisturbed for 3 hours. I’m hoping it doesn’t cut out tomorrow. I’ve got 7+ hours of driving and it’s supposed to be 90 degrees.

I’ll call Tuesday and see what the sc thinks before the appointment.

4. gurtburns

gurtburns Member

Alright I think it’s a software bug. Adjusting the AC while charging seems to cause it to cut out. Powering down and waiting seems to correct it.(the app needs to say waking up).