Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 AC vent noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys....I have this rattling noise coming from the passenger side of my vent but only when it's pointed up. It seems to be related to how hot the inside of the car is when I turn it on. When I point the vent down it goes away for the most part. Anyone having a similar issue?

Thanks!

I sometimes have ac vent rattle too. Same issue, I think the plastic parts contract and expand when its hot in the car, so you get end up getting rattles. Its annoying. But the person at the SC said "the risk you face is if we fix it, it may come back if the temperature changes again in the car. This is the trade off of having a car as high performing at this price point. Tesla used plastic parts to keep the cost of the car down."

I sometimes have ac vent rattle too. Same issue, I think the plastic parts contract and expand when its hot in the car, so you get end up getting rattles. Its annoying. But the person at the SC said "the risk you face is if we fix it, it may come back if the temperature changes again in the car. This is the trade off of having a car as high performing at this price point. Tesla used plastic parts to keep the cost of the car down."

Well that sucks...it's a brand new M3P.....the temperature in my car are getting up around 140F so I realize that's a lot and something you wouldn't normally encounter but it does just sit outside. Again this sucks if that's what they told you and I don't want them tearing up my car if the same thing will happen.

Hey guys....I have this rattling noise coming from the passenger side of my vent but only when it's pointed up. It seems to be related to how hot the inside of the car is when I turn it on. When I point the vent down it goes away for the most part. Anyone having a similar issue?

Thanks!
I have the exact same problem on my SR+! Mine seems rattles consistently all the time regardless of the car's temperature. I took delivery of my car in June so I still don't know if it will be better or worse in colder temperatures. Still debating if I should take it to SC as I don't want to tear up the dash and introduce additional rattles. :(