Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the trunk “hidden compartment” out.
Does that have a lining or carpet?
Thanks for the suggestion, I am yet to get my car but I had already ordered a boot rubber mat, amongst other things. I didn't get a mat for that hidden compartment though. I think the boot rubber mat can still be useful for when I want to carry messy stuff, like bags of pool salt, which seem to always drip salt water!

Model 3 Wireless Chargers with non wireless charge phones
Does fitting a wireless phone charger block the ability to seat a wired phone cable in the base of the inbuilt phone holder. I have a wireless chargeable phone whereas the other half does not. In this situation would using two wired leads would be more practical?

Model 3 Wireless Chargers with non wireless charge phones
Does fitting a wireless phone charger block the ability to seat a wired phone cable in the base of the inbuilt phone holder. I have a wireless chargeable phone whereas the other half does not. In this situation would using two wired leads would be more practical?
Two wired leads will be neater and more practical.

Reactions: Flatbat
Thanks hairyman. I am asking all the numby Qs today. Hopefully useful to other newbies like me so we don't end up buy junk.

USB Splitter - which one?

Two phones and a USB SSD for dashcam/sentry. So I will need a splitter. Scrolling through fleabay I see they seem to have caveats.

Item A
(*Note: Both 2 Splitter USB Females Can Charge, But Only One USB Female Can Data Transfer)

Item B
  • USB Female 1: Data Transfer&Power Charging( Support ALL devices ).
  • USB Female 2: Only for Power Charging( CANNOT charge IOS devices ).

Presumably I would want both phones to be able to pass data to the car at different times. Obviously the SSD needs data and all three would need power.

Are there splitters available that will do data and charge on both forks?

Hmm. Too many choices. So I think I am after ones that do not require drilling holes to fit AND are rubbery not solid.
Presumably you say rubbery ones are better because they are less likely to get broken? Do you have link to the ones you recommend.

yes, there have been reports from the plastic ones braking.
I got rubber ones (you recognize them because they have a picture in the advertisement where someone bends them) which for the front wheels technically need 1 screw either side but I mounted them without drilling. That means that they are not completely flush on the top but they are still held solidly in place on the bottom. Personally not worth screwing them in.

• Informative
Reactions: baillies
yes, there have been reports from the plastic ones braking.
I got rubber ones (you recognize them because they have a picture in the advertisement where someone bends them) which for the front wheels technically need 1 screw either side but I mounted them without drilling. That means that they are not completely flush on the top but they are still held solidly in place on the bottom. Personally not worth screwing them in.
Thanks. Just grabbed a bendy set for $29. May need to screw em in my case cos it will see some dirt roads.

Has anyone had luck finding RHD carpet floor mats lately?

Also I was about to order the Jeda hub charger bundle. It is all nice stuff. As earlier posters mentioned the hub is still on backorder. But for now as much as I like the neatness, I cannot see the value at the $300 price point. Might revisit it once I have the car.

Also I was about to order the Jeda hub charger bundle. It is all nice stuff. As earlier posters mentioned the hub is still on backorder. But for now as much as I like the neatness, I cannot see the value at the $300 price point. Might revisit it once I have the car.
Tesla keep them in stock now, $145 for the full set.

We bought the all weather mats from Ali Express (Luckeasy, I think?). Anyway, they're good, but the two front ones don't exactly fit perfectly. Frunk mat and rear seat mats are good. The driver mat is not bad, although not super snug on the dead pedal. The front passenger mat isn't wide enough. Have plastered the sides of it with velcro, but it will only stick one side down!
We just decided we also need an all weather boot mat, so I ordered that from Tesla.

Hmm. Too many choices. So I think I am after ones that do not require drilling holes to fit AND are rubbery not solid.
Presumably you say rubbery ones are better because they are less likely to get broken? Do you have link to the ones you recommend.
The one I got is a flexible plastic(?) and it is color matched to my pearl white. The paint seems to be of nice quality but it is very slightly off, a tiny bit lighter. Even when it is screwed in on the top front, it was not perfect like the other side. I think a slight adhesive like silicone which is removable may help hold it more securely. Right now, although I feel it is not 100% secure, it has been holding. I brought mine from Amazon. I like the color matched look.

I purchased the Auto Lift Gate (electric boot opener with the foot sensor) from Teslaoffer a month or so ago, but never installed it. The Mrs doesn't want me to install it now, so I want to know if anyone wants to purchase it off me. It is obviously brand new and never used. I'm in Sydney.
PM me if you're interested.

I've also purchased the Auto Trunk Lift Gate from the manufacturer/wholesaler direct (teslaoffer are a reseller). I'm not really interested to install it either, so happy to sell it brand new at a good price with instructions. I'm in Brisbane. PM me if interested.