Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Further to my other accessories quoted and the bottom of THIS post.

I can confirm that the following XBOX ONE cheaper alternative controller works with v10 software update:
* split screen Beach Buggy on analog with one controller's USB split with sentry microSD usb
* CupHead

I dare say that any controller with USB and XBOX ONE support should work.
Note: Do not expect other games to work well, as they are designed for the touchscreen.

upload_2019-10-9_11-50-57.png

contorller-girls.png

Now i have a new problem as noted in the photo above. Great.

You're Welcome.
-Zilla

Make sure you add buy these to throw into your boot since there's no spare tyre or run-flats.

There's no floor mats at Tesla shop for us Model 3 owners.
Once you pick up the car - you'll have nothing but the under carpet. You'll have to make due with generic floor mats to get by for now.

.. so I've put together my research into the best ones.

Currently I'm using Ford mats just to save my interior in my model 3 I picked up last week.

Model 3 Floor mats (Right Hand Drive) options:

Check out luckeasy's other floor mats here - Ask if they can make them in RHD though...

You're welcome.

Sentry
Mats
Storage

In-Cabin Floor Mats (RHD)
I picked up the car yesterday from Richmond but there's no option from Tesla to buy floor mats. I'm in desperate need for floor mats, so I've reused ones from my previous car. I'm looking online for generic looking ones for now until we get some competitively priced ones that look less agricultural.

*Prices in AUD

Last edited:
I’ve been waiting for the offical RHD floor mats but not sure how long I really want to wait. What’s everyone else done?

I wasn't keen on any of the rubber/TPU mats for the car. For our climate, we don't need such hardcore waterproofing and having rubber mats in what is supposed to be a luxury/premium segment sedan makes it look too utilitarian (and a bit trashy IMHO). Who would consider putting rubber interior mats in a BMW/MB/Porsche?

At the risk of falling on my own sword regarding the trashy comment, my temporary solution was to buy a roll of automotive carpet from Bunnings and cut them to size to fit the contours of the car.

Get yourself 2.8M of this carpet which has a grippy bottom that will tack on to the the existing carpeting, no need to any extra adhesive: Ideal DIY 67cm Belvet Plush Black Car Matting

The lengths you will need are:
  • Rear 130cm (horizontally - L to R)
  • Front driver 70cm (vertically - F to B)
  • Front passenger 73cm (vertically - F to B)
Width is trickier because of the angles and contours but from memory it was roughly 50-55cm for the fronts, and 45cm for the rear. The trick is to cut to the lengths first, then lay it down in the foot wells and then fold over to figure out exactly where to cut. Pretty easy to cut/trim with a box cutter. When trimming, better to cut off less than you think and make a second adjustment so you get a snug fit.

All in all, costs about $45 and 1 hour of your time. My wife didn't realise it was there initially because it fit and blended in so perfectly. What was supposed to be a temp solution might be staying.

I wasn't keen on any of the rubber/TPU mats for the car. For our climate, we don't need such hardcore waterproofing and having rubber mats in what is supposed to be a luxury/premium segment sedan makes it look too utilitarian (and a bit trashy IMHO). Who would consider putting rubber interior mats in a BMW/MB/Porsche?

At the risk of falling on my own sword regarding the trashy comment, my temporary solution was to buy a roll of automotive carpet from Bunnings and cut them to size to fit the contours of the car.

Get yourself 2.8M of this carpet which has a grippy bottom that will tack on to the the existing carpeting, no need to any extra adhesive: Ideal DIY 67cm Belvet Plush Black Car Matting

The lengths you will need are:
  • Rear 130cm (horizontally - L to R)
  • Front driver 70cm (vertically - F to B)
  • Front passenger 73cm (vertically - F to B)
Width is trickier because of the angles and contours but from memory it was roughly 50-55cm for the fronts, and 45cm for the rear. The trick is to cut to the lengths first, then lay it down in the foot wells and then fold over to figure out exactly where to cut. Pretty easy to cut/trim with a box cutter. When trimming, better to cut off less than you think and make a second adjustment so you get a snug fit.

All in all, costs about $45 and 1 hour of your time. My wife didn't realise it was there initially because it fit and blended in so perfectly. What was supposed to be a temp solution might be staying.

Great suggestion. My temp solution is the old car mats from my last car but I was hoping for something a bit better :)

For those that bought a wireless charger and have their 3, would you recommend the brand you picked and any pointers for those looking to choose between the options?

I bought this one, but yet to receive.
USB Port Wireless Car Charger Upgraded Interior Auto Accessory Mount Qi Dual Phones Charging Center Console For Tesla Model 3
Decent reviews. Will provide feedback when i receive and install it.
Qi Dual Pho.png

My intention is to plug both cables into a intermediary 2 USB power bank battery - my much loved Xiaomi Mi Power Bank 2 10000mAh - such that i can drip feed the powerbank from the 1 tesla USB (split with the sentry sd card on the data side of the split), and have access to 'fast' wireless charging which this power bank can do easily. It would auto-charge when necessary as proof of concept achieved with this power bank.

Frees up my other Tesla USB for gaming.

For those that bought a wireless charger and have their 3, would you recommend the brand you picked and any pointers for those looking to choose between the options?

I've run an extension 12v from the back part of the centre console to the front with a very small drill hole in the side (only visible on the inside of the front section), and then run a 12v splitter there and have 2 fast charging 12v usb adapters in there which are supplying the power to the Taptes charger. Means that I get full fast charging on my samsung and also both usb's are free in the centre console for my sentry mode usb and whatever else I want to plug in. Only annoying thing with the Taptes charger is that even when everything supplying power to the Taptes charger is "Fast Charging" the cable hard wired in the bottom of the charger does not supply fast charging. Very annoying as that was always going to be my backup if I am REALLY low on charge and need something faster then fast wireless charging

Reactions: m4rtin
I am going to sell my Model 3 key fob that I bought from the US store as I don’t really need it. Works fine on the AU Model 3. Is there a good place to sell stuff on this forum in Australia?
The marketplace section of TMC is fairly USA centric so I allow members with spare accessories or a car to sell to post on the Aus/NZ sections. It’s not designed for someone to advertise on a regular basis as that is reserved for Vendors.

My intention is to plug both cables into a intermediary 2 USB power bank battery - my much loved Xiaomi Mi Power Bank 2 10000mAh - such that i can drip feed the powerbank from the 1 tesla USB (split with the sentry sd card on the data side of the split), and have access to 'fast' wireless charging which this power bank can do easily. It would auto-charge when necessary as proof of concept achieved with this power bank.

I am waiting on the same charger! :p

Also thought about putting a PD/QC spec powerbank inbetween to enable 10W of wireless power but I read elsewhere that in-car temperatures during summer could result in potential fire issues unless the battery is LiFePo4. Maybe the risk is merely theoretical but I've decided a slower 5W charge will do for peace of mind.

Operating temps for the Xiaomi powerbanks are 5-35^c: 小米移动电源3 20000mAh 超级闪充版立即购买-小米商城

Apparently in-cabin temps >60^c are reached after 20 minutes: http://www.mfb.vic.gov.au/media/doc...info-259da1a5-6042-4752-b794-8e367053e212.pdf

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Zilla and Hairyman
I am waiting on the same charger! :p

Also thought about putting a PD/QC spec powerbank inbetween to enable 10W of wireless power but I read elsewhere that in-car temperatures during summer could result in potential fire issues unless the battery is LiFePo4. Maybe the risk is merely theoretical but I've decided a slower 5W charge will do for peace of mind.

Operating temps for the Xiaomi powerbanks are 5-35^c: 小米移动电源3 20000mAh 超级闪充版立即购买-小米商城

Apparently in-cabin temps >60^c are reached after 20 minutes: http://www.mfb.vic.gov.au/media/doc...info-259da1a5-6042-4752-b794-8e367053e212.pdf
My MSM Model 3 got up to 54 degC today on not a particularly hot day

Very important few posts here above. Thank you.

I'ma looking into it - it appears the operating temperature is max 40 degrees but a stern warning is in the manual, as follows,

"Do not dismantle, crush, puncture and short circuit Mi Power Bank, or expose it to liquids, fire or
environments where the temperature is above 60°C (140°F)."

I'll look into alternatives

I purchased the Auto Lift Gate (electric boot opener with the foot sensor) from Teslaoffer a month or so ago, but never installed it. The Mrs doesn't want me to install it now, so I want to know if anyone wants to purchase it off me. It is obviously brand new and never used. I'm in Sydney.
PM me if you're interested.

I just installed the TapTes unit and found a couple of issues.
1: I have to take the case off my note 8 for it to fit. For some odd reason they have placed the foot higher than needed
2: with the bare phone I cant charge on the RHS pad, I think because of a positioning issue with the coil underneath.

It will charge my phone with its case in the horizontal position.
I might try another brand and see if I can sell this one.

• Informative
Reactions: Zilla and m4rtin
T
Make sure you are not ordering left hand drive car mats!. I am looking for a good set of mats for RHD but have not been able to find any so far. If anyone can find some, please let me know.

So far I have ordered and received:

1. Bags:

For boot:
Tesla Model 3 car travel bags | Car-Bags.com
For compartment underneath boot:
Model 3 - TRUNK 2 bag set - NEW version 2.0 'rear lower storage'
For Frunk:
Model 3 tailored Frunk 2 bag set - NEW version 2.0
I plan on lots of long driving trips and this will mean pretty much every inch of space is going to be made useful.

2. Screen Protector:
[Version 2] Premium Quality Touch Screen Protector for Tesla Model 3

3.Wireless charging:
Wireless pad and USB Hub from JEDA
Jeda Wireless Pad | Tesla Model 3 Wireless Charger

4. SDD for sentry mode/'dash cam:
https://www.amazon.com.au/Samsung-P...ocphy=9071427&hvtargid=pla-362425032159&psc=1

5. Type2 to Type2 charging cable (I will be spending a bit of time of the Qld Elec highway):
5 Metre Type 2 to Type 2 EV Charging Cable - 7kW

6. Door exit decal
Model 3 Door Exit Decal

7. Centre console wrap
Model 3 Center Console Wrap

8. Door colour wrap
Model 3 Door Handle Wrap

9. Zendure Portable charger and Hub (overkill)
X6 Power Bank and USB Hub with 45W PD & QC (20,100 mAh) - Black
Thanks for the list. Didn’t even realise I needed all these items. :)