Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's my review of
USB Port Wireless Car Charger Upgraded Interior Auto Accessory Mount Qi Dual Phones Charging Center Console For Tesla Model 3
Some notes:
  • Fit and finish is perfect. I was worried that the thick 3M double sided tape would elevate the unit such that the lid mightn't close - but that's not the case.
  • Both phones (iPhone 8 plus with case + Samsung galaxy S9+ with Alcantara case) fit and charge just fine, and lid closes without touching anything underneath.
  • Alternating the phones' position is also fine.
  • Red light turns green when fully charged. nice.
  • The dividing edge between the two areas prevents the phone from moving around. Just what i needed with my 'spirited' driving ;)
  • Warning about seller! I didn't receive the 2 x USB splitters as mentioned in the advert. Although I did get the package in less than 2 weeks.
Overall, I highly recommend this unit, for fit and finish.

20191022_094159[1].jpg

POWER BANK OR NOT TO POWER BANK
I've been spooked with reading dashcam forums about leaving a power bank running in a hot car(!!!) - there's certainly a fire risk even if somewhat small. The correct battery type to use would be the LiFePo4 (as Tigger has pointed out here) but there's no passthrough technology for them, i.e. charge on one side, and output to the wireless charger on the other, and therefore potentially unsuitable.

I've come to terms with just having a 2x USB 3.0 splitter split out to a 2.0 (for charging this wireless charger, one USB for each side of the wireless charger) and 3.0 for microSD/Sentry functionality.

If i am in desperate need of fast charging, I've packed a 12v adaptive fast charger cigarette USB into my center console on the odd occasion that I need the 2A. I feel this is the safest option.

Last edited:
Quick review guys.

So I bought one of these thinking it would help resolve the problem of my water bottle constantly knocking around and falling over in the stock cup holders.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000113508235.html

You can think of this more as a stubby for your bottle/cup rather than an improvement to the cup holders. The product does fit perfectly into the existing cup holders and it does hold on to the bottles/cups you stick into it. The problem is that there is nothing actually keeping it attached to the car.

You want to take a drink from the bottle? Out comes the bottle with this black holder still attached to the botttom of the bottle.

I am not sure how I feel about it actually. In one sense it does what it's supposed to, holds the bottle in place and stops it knocking around. In another sense it's abit annoying that I have to detach the thing from the bottle.Maybe a solution for me is to get some double-sided tape and stick it down to the car's cup holders.

If I had to do it again, I reckon just get a regular neoprene stubby. Does the same thing but more useful in terms of keeping the drink hot/cold longer.

Attachments

• Cup Holder.JPG
    Cup Holder.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Informative
Reactions: Zilla and Hairyman
Hi All,
New user waiting for my LR M3 . Was looking at ordering some accessories. Has any one ordered from Taptes ? Their stuff looks like much cheaper than the US sites ?

Hi, Yes. RHD mats and blue alloy pedal covers - both are fine.

As an aside I have a brand new still in box genuine Tesla wheel hub set for the 18" wheels that I don't want. I imported them from Tesla in the USA and if anybody wants a set quickly I will sell them at the cost from Tesla USA (USD50). Just DM me!

I picked up a set of Tesla RHD carper mats this week from the Service department in Brisbane. The guy I spoke to said they had some more in stock if anyone was interested. $145 for the set and they seem decent quality.

I also managed to get a Tesla Frunk mat ($120) while I was there but it was the last one they had :)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CpuID and m4rtin
Hey there, just got the car yesterday - so far I've only driven 3km (frankly, it's a miracle I'm at work today) - but I did get a good sit in it last night to check out the state of the accessories I bought.

1) PureTesla Cam USB stick - this seems like it will be good. Haven't checked any footage yet though.
2) AliExpress rubber mats - they're not bad, but are not an exact fit.
3) AliExpress centre console storage unit - not sure this was worth it - or maybe I'm putting it in the wrong section. I assumed it was for under the armrest, but there's already a pretty reasonable tray there, so I've only used the bottom section that I bought so far. Will experiment more.
4) Screen protector - haven't got it on yet!
5) Type 2 to 2 charging cable. I think this will be good, but haven't needed to try it yet.
6) TOCA sticker - must go and put it on!

I didn't want Tint on my roof, so brought these Glass Roof Sunshades (set of 2) for summer.
https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B07Q9BC8K7/
Arrived. Seems reasonable quality.
When folded they easily fit inside the ~60cm x ~40cm bag thats provided. Comes with a few spare clips.
Simple enough to install.
Warning: Don't "unwrap" them except if you're in open space, they unfold themselves in a hurry and will hit stuff ... like my side window!
Front fits well enough using its own snug fit around all edges, but the little clips ensure they shouldnt fall out. Mesh is tight, no sags.
Rear also snug fit but because the roof curves you need the side clips to ensure it follows the curve.
Rear view isn't affected at all, a small "curve" in rear section helps.
Definitely cuts the interior heat while parked and radiant heat while driving. I only need for summer.
Only potential negatives;
- Not Cheap (Prime free freight helps)
- Tall (6 feet +) rear passengers may have the mesh touch their head, theres about a 1-2 cm gap between the mesh and the glass as the shade tries to cover the double-curve of the rear glass.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman