Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 accessory advice please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI There

please can someone advise me. My husband has had a tesla model 3 on order since 2016 and he has finalised his order which should be coming in end of July apparently. We are based in the UK.

He is obsessed with this and this is taking most of his free time up. It is Eid this week and I wanted to get him something to do with this order an accessory etc or something for his present.

So he has ordered the midnight grey and the interior is white.

I was reading this page and saw these accessories

Tesla Model 3 Accessories - Your Ultimate Guide (March 2019)

was thinking of getting him some maxpider mats for the interior as we have 3 children.

I have looked everywhere and can not find these MAXpider mats for the model 3 in the uk, there are some from the USA one does not post to PO box addresses and the other does

Floor Mat Products - Joe Car Stuff

but my worry is uk models will be right hand drive and usa is left hand drive so the mats will not fit yes??

So do I order something else, advice appreciated

or shall i order the trunk and frunk ones in the meantime. Or even the 2nd row back seat ones

Any advice is appreciated as I am not really a car expert and may totally be out of my depth.

Many thanks

R

• Love
Reactions: willow_hiller
The MAXpider mats are GREAT, but I agree, they probably won't work for the UK M3's without a different SKU.

Also, Joe has disappeared for long stretches of time (including now) and while you may get lucky and get all of your stuff, others haven't been so lucky.

Thanks for the accessory link, I hadn't seen that one, and it has a lot of great ideas!

Yes, the driver's dead pedal area will be a problem for sure with mats being molded and custom fit for left hand drive Model 3s. Glad you thought to check. I wonder if U-Ace (the manufacturer for 3D) has even started making the kagu mats yet for right hand drive cars. You should have company on that front soon. Think I read orders are available for the car for Australia now too. What a nice thoughtful gift though and hope your husband loves his car. Happy Eid!

You might try emailing U-Ace and asking about the right hand driver version. Here's their US website: 3D® Custom Fit Floor & Cargo Liner | Redefine Protection You might also ask if they will be having any distributors over in the UK which would make things much easier for you. I'd like to say the frunk, cargo and rear seat kagu mats should fit and likely so but until someone there has a car delivered not 100% assured. Still find it hard to think that they would do something to modify the car's floor/frunk/trunk space other than the left and right front seat floor area. We have both cars fitted with the kagu mats and really love them.

Last edited:
That's awfully nice of you -- and this forum is a great resource to you and your husband (trust me, I can understand his obsession).

Floor mats are a great idea but as has been mentioned, the likelihood of them not fitting is high unless they are made for the UK version of the Model 3. You can buy the overpriced ones from Tesla (not recommended) or also get something that's not 3rd party available, like a key fob. The mudflaps are a great idea and should be universal.

With kids in the backseat, yes, I think there are options to just order the backseat mat plus the frunk/trunk on some sets. Good luck and I hope you enjoy being a passenger as much as he enjoys driving the car!