TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Add-On’s

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Mod3l 3, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Mod3l 3

Mod3l 3 Member

Finally configured my 3 early last week! Looking to see what accessories I should get. Here is my list so far.

• Dash cam - Planning on getting the dual channel Street Guardian dashcam. ($350) Seems to have better reviews than the Blackvue and better support too. The cloud functionality should be added to the camera as it is WiFi capable but will be missed initially. Might get the Blackvue if I can find a discount code to drop the price down a bit.
    • Console Wrap - XPEL stealth from RPM. Any other suggestions here?
    • Screen Protector - Abstract Ocean
    • PPF - Will be DIY’n the Hexis Bodyfence on the front (bumper, hood, quarter panels) of the car to begin with. If everything goes well I will end up doing the entire car. 15ft roll costs $300 and the product is popular in Europe and has good reviews. Has anyone applied regular PPF to the headlights? If so any issues with the light pattern? Might get XPEL headlight specific protection if so.
    • Ceramic coating - Not sure what to get here. Opti coat or Cquartz? Looking for recommendations. Also both coatings explicitly state they should not be applied to the windshield so I was wondering if they are safe for other glass surfaces (roof, rear glass, windows)? I’m guessing the issue with applying on the windshield is due to the wipers potentially scratching and if so would there be concerns on the windows as they move as well?
    • Center caps & Lug covers - Bought this already but might return as they look cheap (lug nut covers in particular).
    • Outdoor Car Cover - Looking for recommendations here. Tesla store or are there better options?
    • Cleaning Products - Recommendations? For both the interior and exterior?
    • Floor mats - Will wait for weather tech but might just stay with the factory standard ones as I have in my previous car with no issues.
    Anything I’m missing? Thoughts/suggestions appreciated!

2. buddhra

buddhra Member

I agree that the lug nut covers look cheap. I'm debating on changing out the lugs to these: https://amzn.to/2HkmoyD

3. m3snowy

m3snowy Member

• battery pack for dashcam if using dashcam parking mode
    • jack pad
    • door/frunk/trunk LED set

4. drawfour

drawfour Member

I went to that link and put in 2018 Tesla Model 3, and it says they do not fit. Is that just that the system doesn't have the right information, or is it correct?

5. buddhra

buddhra Member

They just don't have the right info.

• Informative x 1
  6. Mod3l 3

Mod3l 3 Member

I might go down this route later. Right now I plan on running the stock wheels with the Aeros to the end and then might switch the wheels out to 19’s once the tires are through.

7. Mod3l 3

Mod3l 3 Member

Any recommendations on jack pads?

8. m3snowy

m3snowy Member

Can't recommend anything I haven't tried, but there're a few threads about jacks and jack pads here.

9. seattlite2004

seattlite2004 Active Member

How are you charging? A 240VAC drop is a nice add-on....most.would say it's a necessity.

• Like x 1
  10. Mod3l 3

Mod3l 3 Member

I view that as a requirement! Looking for electricians at the moment.

11. Elice

Elice Banned

How about the Charging wall connector.Like this Model 3 owner.

12. T3slaCanuck

T3slaCanuck Member

I've been researching the ceramic coating myself. from what I gather, you can put it on the windows, just not the front windshield, because when it rains, and you turn on the wipers, the water just gets flicked everywhere because it's too slick.

13. Mod3l 3

Mod3l 3 Member

Was thinking about it but don’t want to pay the $500. Already been quoted $863 just to install the NEMA 14-50 right below the breaker box. I didn’t even mention Tesla. Waiting on a few more quotes right now.

14. Mod3l 3

Mod3l 3 Member

That makes sense. I though it might be a visibility thing. I rarely use my wipers though. 95% of the time just the RainX I have is sufficient. Admittedly 99% of my driving is on the highway so that helps.

15. tashtibet

tashtibet Member

for the paint protection has anyone done flightshield Sapphire V1?

16. buddhra

buddhra Member

Here's another accessory I'm really liking:

17. GoingVerde

GoingVerde Member

thinking of getting these two:
    Model 3 Luggage & Rear Bumper 3M Protection Film
    RPM Tesla
    Model 3 Back Door Sill Protectors
    RPM Tesla

18. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

I bought this already. Seriously, this a really well manufactured item. I love quality tools and this really is one.

Tesla

• Like x 1
  19. Mod3l 3

Mod3l 3 Member

Good to know! I found a set of 4 and was looking to buy but hadn’t seen any reviews. Think I’ll bite the bullet and get the set tomorrow.

20. Mod3l 3

Mod3l 3 Member

Will be knocking that out when I wrap the car myself. Plus RPM has had a lot of bad reviews lately so I’m avoiding them till feedback gets better.