Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit in stock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to get the Aero Cap kit at the service center in Houston for $50. The web site shows sold out.
I was also able to also get my missing 18' Aero Hub Covers for $30.

It is not easy taking out the cap and replace with covers since its very snug fit. I was talking with the service tech and if you end up switching the cap and cover it you might scratch up the small caps.

I got both so I'll probably put on the Aero covers and lug nut covers then keep the Caps on the side or sell it.

Attachments

• 20190424_145842.jpg
    20190424_145842.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 846
Buy a small suction cup around the same size as the center cap. Many here have used that method to remove the center cap to put the aero covers back on temporarily. Very minimal risk of scratching using the suction cup removal method.

I was able to get the Aero Cap kit at the service center in Houston for $50. The web site shows sold out.

It is not easy taking out the cap and replace with covers since its very snug fit. I was talking with the service tech and if you end up switching the cap and cover it you might scratch up the small caps.

I got both so I'll probably put on the Aero covers and lug nut covers then keep the Caps on the side or sell it.
Did you call them ahead and check or was it a walk-in? I called all three Chicago service center, Highland Park and West Loop locations were practically dismissive that I would even "dare" to call them instead of trying to buy online, the 3rd SC (Westmont)'s agent was at least pleasant enough to tell me "let me call you back once I go check with our parts team", which she of course never did.

That’s a good point. I was forgetting that Aero covers actually snap into the hole that you put those little center caps in.

So much for the idea of folks switching as needed. That would be a royal PITA doing the swap on anything other than a seasonally basis.

I have switched mine 15+ times. I use an old sticky suction cup from a phone holder to remove the center cap and leave the lug nut covers on. Takes five minutes after cleaning off the dirt so you do not scratch anything.

Reactions: EVTuning
does anyone know why there are two sets at different prices? One is $50 and the other is $65, and they both seem to have the same caps and lug covers.

When you search for the caps on Google, the link goes to Tesla's Canadian store. Those are sold for $65. The $50 caps are for the US store.

I discovered this when I tried to check out with the $65 caps and it wouldn't let me change my country to the US.