Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to do a search to see who posted the first post regarding the model 3 aero wheel kit.

I would like to thank them!! Don’t get me wrong I like the aero wheel covers, but without them the grey rims make my silver color a great choice in the end.

Also thank you for saving me money! So I did not have to upgrade to 19 inch rims and more expensive tires.

so, what kind of lug nut caps should I get from Amazon (or other source)? I can then suction off the Tesla center cap as well. Sorry if it's somewhere listed what I need (other than the out of stock set from Tesla) somewhere here ....

Finally got the car on Saturday to go with my lug nut covers. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20180428_150647771.jpg
    IMG_20180428_150647771.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 118
First pic looks incredible. No filter? Looks chrome blue.

All I ever do is hit "auto" in google photos. Don't know what it does, but it usually makes things look better.

Anyone know the size of the lug nut covers to get for the Tesla3? 17mm, 19mm, .....? depth?

I think upthread someone said it's 19mm. Someone posted a link to covers on amazon that fit as long as you cut them down a little bit.

Reactions: LostInSpace
Finally got the car on Saturday to go with my lug nut covers. :)
This set-up looks really good. I also got the red multi-coat and ordered the caps. Haven't received them yet, but popped off one of the aeros just to check out the wheels. They are understated, but still look way better than the aeros (imo only). I have an appointment to get the windows tinted and front end PPF. With the tinted windows, I think these rims will look even better. Finally, I'm looking at smoked film for the headlights and, again, think the dark wheels will harmonize well. The red definitely looks sharp in real life.

Reactions: Craig-Tx
Well...According to Tesla, even after they took my money a month ago, kit is still on back order. So I just canceled my order today. Saved $50. Plus I really like the way my Aero wheels look compare to non-aero. I often get positive complements from people about Aero wheel covers.

I ordered one from the service center the day I picked up my car-- March 17th. Still has not come in and I have not been charged.