Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit

sooner

Aug 19, 2016
Ohio
Only got 2 Tesla logo wheel caps... :/ now have to spend time talking to them.

How good is their shop customer experience for incorrect orders?

Last edited:

CPennypacker

Feb 9, 2018
Redmond, WA
Do you think they would sell me the caps and lug caps in silver (the ones for the standard S turbines)?

I really want to powder coat the 18" rims silver and I think the S caps would look really nice and finish off the look in a way this kit would not.

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
I got my kit last Friday, it was incorrectly packed. I got 8 of the center hub caps, not 4. I got 20 lug nut covers. The lug nut covers seemed to fit kind of loosely, looser than I would have liked, but none have fallen off so far. I was thinking of putting a dab of RTV inside each lug nut cover to kind of glue them in place, but still be removable. Whoever is making these things must be using some real bargain basement discount labor to pack the boxes what with getting the parts counts wrong.

sooner

Aug 19, 2016
Ohio
I got my kit last Friday, it was incorrectly packed. I got 8 of the center hub caps, not 4. I got 20 lug nut covers. The lug nut covers seemed to fit kind of loosely, looser than I would have liked, but none have fallen off so far. I was thinking of putting a dab of RTV inside each lug nut cover to kind of glue them in place, but still be removable. Whoever is making these things must be using some real bargain basement discount labor to pack the boxes what with getting the parts counts wrong.

I only got 2! And still cant get a reply to my asking for 2 more.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006

You should send your spare caps to some of those people that only got 2...

Timmy T.

VIN 164xx / LR RWD / EAP / FSD ($2K SALE = SCORE)
May 28, 2018
Georgia
Anyone looking to order currently please look at my post from just a few days back. My experience was; I ordered them and receive them and less than a week and I live in Georgia....

sooner

Aug 19, 2016
Ohio
Update: I received another kit in the mail.
So now I have 6 caps.

Never received a response to email inquiry, was weighing my options if it continued for a month or so. Excellent service to get it to me so quickly, but would have been overall superior experience if they had gotten any sort of email back to me, even a short quip to provide heads up.

LostInSpace

Apr 30, 2018
NC
Ordered May 2nd and still waitin ..... I ordered a USB/lightning cable and still haven't heard on that either .....
I'm jelly of you receiving yours even though ordered after mine .....

AZatul

Jan 5, 2018
Scottsdale az
Ordered: May 5th
Order shipped email: May 28th

I guess they are catching up on their backlog a bit.

Yeah I agree.

I ordered May 26th and got them today but didn’t get any order shipped email. Didn’t think it would be this quick....now the long wait till my model 3 gets delivered.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC