Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered mine last week and got them in five days. The website quoted an 8 week delay so I was very surprised to find it on my doorstep. They're on the car and look good, but I have concerns - the center cap is nice and tight, but the lug nut caps seem "loose" (I pushed them on with my fingers until it stopped).

Is there something I'm missing, or do these just "stay on"? I would think the centrifugal force would be pretty unforgiving.

Ordered mine last week and got them in five days. The website quoted an 8 week delay so I was very surprised to find it on my doorstep. They're on the car and look good, but I have concerns - the center cap is nice and tight, but the lug nut caps seem "loose" (I pushed them on with my fingers until it stopped).

Is there something I'm missing, or do these just "stay on"? I would think the centrifugal force would be pretty unforgiving.

They stay on. I’m 6 months in with mine and they haven’t budged one bit.

I thought the same thing but haven't lost any in 5 months they have been on the car. Also, not very expensive to replace - Plenty of options on Amazon - 21 mm.

Interesting. At first I wasn't sure I liked the printed look, but once on the car it looked good, at least from the video.

Did you print those? How much?

Once I had a design I liked ok, I sent it to Shapeways to see what it would cost to print in good quality. They were $50-$80 each, and that's more than I'm willing to spend, so I gave up on it. I'd rather just buy aftermarket wheels.

• Helpful
Reactions: mmccking

Unless you're on a skid pad, the centrifugal force is perfectly balanced as the wheel rotates.