Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I saw that, on my Mac I don't see anything under wheels on the page:

Tesla | Model 3

Screen Shot 2018-03-04 at 1.11.28 PM.png

Yet the SAME page loaded on my iPhone/iPad both shows the wheel accessories...

Is there a way to let Tesla know about oddities on their site?

-Randy

Yeah, I saw that, on my Mac I don't see anything under wheels on the page:

Tesla | Model 3

View attachment 284328

Yet the SAME page loaded on my iPhone/iPad both shows the wheel accessories...

Is there a way to let Tesla know about oddities on their site?

-Randy
I have been having this happen on and off since they put these up. I check multiple computers every time it happens and its the same on all machines. Still haven't been able to catch these in stock.

I was hoping to get my HPWC and install it today so I drove to my nearest service center. They needed to check if they have them in stock so I asked if they have the Aero Wheel Cap Kit in stock? "Oh", she said, "Do you own a Model S?", No, "See we cannot sell those yet for Model 3s, the computer won't accept the Model 3 VINs". Do you have a Manager?

The manager came over and said he received an email today that says they can override the system and order them in with the managers name, so they ordered the Kit for me, and since they didn't have the 24 foot cable version they also ordered the HPWC and cord organizer. He said they may have them for me tomorrow... I'll let you guys know

-Randy

Reactions: PoitNarf
I was hoping to get my HPWC and install it today so I drove to my nearest service center. They needed to check if they have them in stock so I asked if they have the Aero Wheel Cap Kit in stock? "Oh", she said, "Do you own a Model S?", No, "See we cannot sell those yet for Model 3s, the computer won't accept the Model 3 VINs". Do you have a Manager?

The manager came over and said he received an email today that says they can override the system and order them in with the managers name, so they ordered the Kit for me, and since they didn't have the 24 foot cable version they also ordered the HPWC and cord organizer. He said they may have them for me tomorrow... I'll let you guys know

-Randy

Yeah I have a hunch they know they are gonna get a ton of orders for these so they are slowly making them available again (were easy to get initially it sounds like)

I don't know why they won't just take 'back orders' and ship when in stock. Any company that you buy stuff from online already does this.

Step 1. place order step 2 wait for them in the mail. It's not that hard. Why should it have to be in stock to order online? This isn't a physical store!
How many times do people have to say it. Telsa is not a legacy manufacturer!!! the old ways are dead and this is the future!

• Funny
Reactions: israndy
Good question and I'm not sure. They assigned it to my Model X VIN. I would say just wait to take delivery or call and ask. I would be surprised if they didn't have any available later as they made it sound like they had plenty.

@Insight75 so they had these in stock at the Springfield store, correct? The color of the center caps matches what is available from the Tesla online store? I don't want to get them if the color of the center caps does not match the color of the wheel. Now that I have a VIN I'm assuming I should be able to get these from the Tesla store now. Or I suppose I could just pick them up when I take delivery in two weeks.

@Insight75 so they had these in stock at the Springfield store, correct? The color of the center caps matches what is available from the Tesla online store? I don't want to get them if the color of the center caps does not match the color of the wheel. Now that I have a VIN I'm assuming I should be able to get these from the Tesla store now. Or I suppose I could just pick them up when I take delivery in two weeks.

The lug caps are black and the center caps appear like that darker gray color which should match the wheel just fine. They did have them in stock. I would be surprised if they didn't have them when you take delivery but you may want to just grab a set early just in case. Would be happy to take a picture of them next Friday when I take delivery so you can see what it looks like. Now that you have a VIN, should not be a problem. Otherwise I'll give you my Model X VIN if needed.

Reactions: PoitNarf
The lug caps are black and the center caps appear like that darker gray color which should match the wheel just fine. They did have them in stock. I would be surprised if they didn't have them when you take delivery but you may want to just grab a set early just in case. Would be happy to take a picture of them next Friday when I take delivery so you can see what it looks like. Now that you have a VIN, should not be a problem. Otherwise I'll give you my Model X VIN if needed.

A pic would be great once you get them! I'll pick them up when I take delivery since I absolutely HATE driving on route 22!

Hoping these get back in stock soon. I suspect many that purchased them when they first became available on Tesla's site have not even received a config invite yet.

You can buy the center caps and lug nut covers for a total of $28. There is just no cap puller that is included in the kit. I ordered mine and they came in 2-3 days. I will pick them up on Thursday at the service center while i am there.