Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since so many people on here have managed to get their hands on a kit, whereas I missed it every time it was back in stock, I have a quick request: can someone tell me what the OD (outside diameter) of the Model 3 center cap is, and the OD of the lock ring tab inserts?

Am going to have to make my own, it looks like.

Thanks in advance.

Open request to anyone who has this in stock at their SC, I would be highly thankful if you can buy and ship it to me, obviously the cost and shipping cost will be reimbursed. Thanks in advance, and PM me if you can help.

A bag of plastic stuff...

Doesn't feel like much once you get it.

lug-covers.png

I bought some black lug caps from Amazon for like $9. We'll see how they look tomorrow. Still no luck on center caps.
I was able to get the center caps from the service center, but they did not have any "short" lug-nut covers.

I got some on eBay for $5, that are the same as these on amazon for $9 (https://www.amazon.com/20pcs-Silicone-Wheel-Luminous-Protective/dp/B074PPBCLH). They were too "tall", but are easily cut with scissors. I trimmed about 0.5cm off each one and they sit nice and flush now.

Reactions: fluxemag
My local SC does not have it. Can someone buy for me and ship to me, all the costs will be reimbursed. thanks in advance.
Ok,
Here’s the scoop.
The kit sold online includes a lug nut cap puller for $35. Apparently it is possible to order a slightly different kit through the SC that excludes the puller for $28?. (same gray caps plus nut covers) They will need a VIN. Puller can also be ordered separately $8?
I just placed an order and was told it would be available for pickup when I come in on Wednesday of next week to take delivery of my Model S.

my SC told me they are backordered and there is no way to get it right now... I bought the WAY overpriced kit from Tsportline with hopes that I can get it somehow from telsla for cheaper and then return what I got from tsportline (as long as its un opened they accept returns up to 30days)