Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my center caps and lug covers after work today. They gave me a discount because the guy I originally spoke to in the parts department over a week ago never placed my original order. When I picked up my Model 3 last Thursday I stopped by the service area first and they then realized that the part was never ordered but the guy I spoke to did remember me calling in to order them. He admitted that he screwed up and basically gave me the center caps for free, I only had to pay for the lug covers. I didn’t even ask for a discount because of the order mishap, he offered it immediately. Never had a more pleasant experience dealing with the parts department of any car company. They definitely do care about their customers!

"Expect 8 weeks for this product to be fulfilled" :(
2018-04-04.png

I plan on keeping the aero covers on all the time as well, but I wanted to buy these just in case I changed my mind. At $35, it's a no-brainer, but at $50, I'll probably wait until I actually want to try them.

Lol really? There’s that much of a difference on feeling for $15 more? When they briefly increased the price to $80 it made me say I was going to wait, but I think $50 is a fair price for this set. That’s stil only $12.50 per wheel.

Lol really? There’s that much of a difference on feeling for $15 more? When they briefly increased the price to $80 it made me say I was going to wait, but I think $50 is a fair price for this set. That’s stil only $12.50 per wheel.

Yes. I believe it is. They are price gauging. They thought $35 was fair price and now because people want them they are upcharging a 43% premium. That’s not acceptable.

I’ll dig around local auto parts store and I’m sure i can find very similar lug nut covers. And just pick up 4 caps.

Reactions: C141medic
Yes. I believe it is. They are price gauging. They thought $35 was fair price and now because people want them they are upcharging a 43% premium. That’s not acceptable.

I’ll dig around local auto parts store and I’m sure i can find very similar lug nut covers. And just pick up 4 caps.
how do you pickup the caps - is there a part #? our local service center states that they don't carry parts.

I've purchased apparel from Tesla in the past and I don't believe I've ever received a shipping confirmation. It just happens to show up at the door.

I've received shipping confirmation emails for everything I've ordered from Tesla's online store over the past month. I agree that it sucks that there's no way to check on your order status anywhere.

Glad I was lucky enough to get my order in during that very short window when they came back into stock for $35. Then shortly after that, they went out of stock. Now $50. I guess that's better than the $80 they scared the hell out of us with????