Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is going to be a recurring problem I think. A few HOURS after someone notices a new thing to buy on TESLA store for the Model 3 and GONE! Out of Stock! I think that means that Model 3's are being delivered... ;-)

Nice! I may have to pick this up when it's back in stock.

Anyone know if the aeros can still be attached with the wheel and lug caps installed or do you need to take all of the caps off to get the aeros back on?

Reactions: ConcordeSST
Nice! I may have to pick this up when it's back in stock.

Anyone know if the aeros can still be attached with the wheel and lug caps installed or do you need to take all of the caps off to get the aeros back on?

You need to take them off to put the aero covers back on. I hear the center cap can be challenging to remove, so some have drilled small holes in them to make them easier to pull off. I've seen a video somewhere where someone showed that you can also use strong rolled up tape to pull them off. I'm surprised that Tesla is including a tool to remove the lug nut caps with this kit, but not the center caps.

• Informative
Reactions: PoitNarf
I may also get the aero wheels for long distance trips and caps for every day. The duct tape method seems hit or miss. Any thoughts on removing the center cap with a suction cup? I am unsure of the dimensions (they're not listed on the Tesla site), but perhaps a 3 inch roof suction cup to help pull it out?

Reactions: suwaneedad