TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Austindude, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Austindude

Austindude Member

You can once again order the Wheel Cap Kit, but the price is now $50 and at least eight week delivery. Not that great but at least they are accepting orders again.

• Informative x 1
  2. Asad1087

Asad1087 Member

Ordered, thanks for the heads up.

3. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

No shipping notice yet...

4. Asad1087

Asad1087 Member

Product page says "Please expect at least 8 weeks for this product to be fulfilled."

I wouldn't expect anything before then. If by chance we do get them before then we can be pleasantly surprised.

I think they legitimately sold out and need this time to source new one, rather than let people go else where take orders/money now. I know its only belts and a logo, shouldn't take that long but....Tesla time.

5. insaneoctane

I am just wanting them before delivery. No VIN yet, so there is time. Others that ordered after me have received shipping notice.

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

• Like x 1
  6. insaneoctane

Mine shipped shortly after my post above, right after I stopped hitting F5 ;)
    I got a shipping notice at 12:05am 4/13 which is only 8 or 9 days after ordering, so the 8 week warning certainly didn't apply.
    Woo-hoo!

Now for the VIN....

7. Toph

Toph Member

Got my shipment notification today. Order was placed on 3/30

• Like x 1
  8. the3hays

the3hays Member

Just ordered mine. $65CDN. Ordered our 3 on March 29 so hope to get our car by end of May and caps then too.

9. nitzmahone

nitzmahone Supporting Member

I also got an early ship on a late order- ordered on 4/7 and got a shipment notification on 4/12. Wonder if they're prioritizing accounts that have a vehicle registered already or something (would sorta make sense).

10. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

I ordered the wheel cap kit, plus the frunk and trunk all-weather mats 10 days ago -- all at the same time. So far, the trunk mat has arrived. There's no way to even track the other items. You just have to wait and hope Tesla gets it right. They really do need to update their store so orders can be tracked like most other online stores.