Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Aero Wheels Curb Rash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings Tesla friends,

Unfortunately, a month after acquiring my Model 3 I had some bad curve rash in two of my 18' Aero wheels. I searched for possible solutions but not many had great results with the color matching. I however came across a site called Zink Wheels (www.zinkwheels.com) and they sold a repair kit along with the paint that color matched the wheels. So, I decided to give it a go and was very pleased with the results. The paint did a great job at concealing the curb rash and there was no need for a clear coat. If you have experienced curb rash, I recommend them. They also have great customer service too! I'm attaching the before/after photos. Cheers!
IMG-4859.jpg
IMG-4863.jpg

Just curb rashed my right front rim tonight 😭
I’ve got a 2023 Model 3 with rhe 18 rims. Assuming color is same in the 2023 models should I be getting this one?

Another question: for deeper gashes in the rim, can I use some filler like Bondo putty first, sand it down then use your paint?

The aftermarket wheel cover will also be an option to protect your wheels, it covers the whole wheel, and totally changes the look of your wheels.

Tesla wheel cover for Model 3 18'' wheels.jpg