Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Aero with 235/45R18

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it’s possible to use the 18” aero wheels from a model 3 on a Y.

Does anyone know if I can use Vikingcontact 7 tires that are 235/45R18 on it as well?

Just picked up the Y and I have my winter tires left over from my Model 3.

I test fitted with 245/45/18 wheels/tires from my Model 3. Looks kind of silly. Otherwise it will work. Model 3 TPMS not compatible with Model Y TPMS.

I have Model Y TPMS on order from Tesla Service Center. I will use my existing wheels and get larger tires.

Reactions: Stach
Assuming you are aware that the Model 3 tires are way smaller than the Model Y ones, and load rating is too low. So you definitely should not use the tires.

upload_2020-12-21_11-52-43.png

Reactions: RocDeef
Assuming you are aware that the Model 3 tires are way smaller than the Model Y ones, and load rating is too low. So you definitely should not use the tires.

View attachment 619817

So I ended up putting them on for now, nobody here has winters for sale that will fit the 19” rims.

looks pretty funny, and I will have to be conscious of not loading the Y up with extra weight but it’s better than running the stock wheels in winter.

So I ended up putting them on for now, nobody here has winters for sale that will fit the 19” rims.

looks pretty funny, and I will have to be conscious of not loading the Y up with extra weight but it’s better than running the stock wheels in winter.
I would be very careful, and expect that this will very likely void any warranty claims related to e.g. suspension and drivetrain issues.

• Disagree
Reactions: MikeInFL