Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Alarm Going Off When Opening Door!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model 3 alarm has started going off when I open the door from the outside. I use my phone and Bluetooth to unlock the car and it seems there is a delay from the car recognising its been unlocked with the phone. The alarm sounds 3 times then turns off, not great at 6 am for the neighbours. Is this happening to anyone else?

The alarm is only supposed to sound if you open a locked door without a key. That should only happen if the door is forced open, or if you reach in an open (or broken) window and open the door from inside, since you shouldn’t be able to open a locked door from the outside. I suggest scheduling a service appointment, and disabling the alarm until the issue gets resolved.

My Model 3 alarm has started going off when I open the door from the outside. I use my phone and Bluetooth to unlock the car and it seems there is a delay from the car recognising its been unlocked with the phone. The alarm sounds 3 times then turns off, not great at 6 am for the neighbours. Is this happening to anyone else?

I just started experiencing this about three weeks ago. It's happened about three times since. Oddly, it's only happened at one particular place in a one particular parking spot--all three times.

And it's a spot that I only occasionally park in (not at home). It's as if the problem is geolocation-based which avoids all logic.

I just started experiencing this about three weeks ago. It's happened about three times since. Oddly, it's only happened at one particular place in a one particular parking spot--all three times.

And it's a spot that I only occasionally park in (not at home). It's as if the problem is geolocation-based which avoids all logic.
It’s a bug introduced in 2022.22.5 (or thereabouts). Hopefully a fix will arrive soon…

Reactions: Deslah
I have the same issue on my 2019 Model 3, started about 2 weeks ago. Tesla has apparently completed a remote diagnostics and are aware of a bug from a recent update. They have suggested the fix will be included in subsequent update. Annoying as having to get the phone out and unlock vi the app to prevent alarm is just not convenient.

Reactions: Rob R
The alarm is only supposed to sound if you open a locked door without a key. That should only happen if the door is forced open, or if you reach in an open (or broken) window and open the door from inside, since you shouldn’t be able to open a locked door from the outside. I suggest scheduling a service appointment, and disabling the alarm until the issue gets resolved.
The disable alarm function has been greyed out here in the UK. Otherwise I might consider this

I have the same issue on my 2019 Model 3, started about 2 weeks ago. Tesla has apparently completed a remote diagnostics and are aware of a bug from a recent update. They have suggested the fix will be included in subsequent update. Annoying as having to get the phone out and unlock vi the app to prevent alarm is just not convenient.
I have the same thing. Hold the door handle fully depressed in, until the mirrors are fully deployed, plus a beat, and it does not happen. Thanks for the update on the fix BTW.