Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 alarm setting for travelling by ferry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
Can anyone share their experiences of travelling by ferry with a model 3? Particularly with regard to the alarm settings?

I've got an 8 hour overnight journey coming up. On previous cars I could choose to lock the car without setting the alarm, is that simple to do with the model 3?

I found this in the manual:

1622460129584.png

Do I understand correctly that it's as simple as disabling security alarm from the Safety and Security menu? Also, what's the 'optional security package'?

I don't want to enable dog/camp mode and leave the car awake all night. I'd just like it to be locked and asleep, without the alarm active.

Thanks.

Reactions: Wishmaster
Not all necessarily Model 3 relevant

Thanks for the responses, seems a lot simpler than I thought it would be. Disable Sentry then disable tilt. That's good as I can still have an alarm set for any genuine break in attempts, however unlikely.

Still intrigued as to what the 'optional security package' is. The excerpt was from a European manual.

Sorry for reigniting an old thread - but we are going on a ferry next month (hull - rotterdam) and I cannot see anywhere in my car menus to switch tilt mode on or off - I only have an option for switching sentry mode on / off.

I have a model 3 long range bought new in 2021

Thank you in advance for your help

Best

Andy

Sorry for reigniting an old thread - but we are going on a ferry next month (hull - rotterdam) and I cannot see anywhere in my car menus to switch tilt mode on or off - I only have an option for switching sentry mode on / off.

Best

Andy
There is, unfortunately, no way currently to disable the alarm. The settings mentioned above are no longer available.

Best

Andy

Never mind ... if it DOES trigger during the crossing your car won't be the only one, believe me! Ferry trips these days always seem to be accompanied by a cacophony of car alarms coming from the car deck ... 🤷‍♂️ (My "old" Model 3 has the Tilt/intrusion option so I have been able to avoid embarassment!)