TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 and Floods

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by EVGhost3, Aug 30, 2018.

1. EVGhost3

EVGhost3 Member

How good are Tesla’s on flooded roads? I am waiting for my Model 3 delivery in (hopefully) a week.

I live in Tampa FL and for those familiar, the roads here flood very easily and quiet often during the rainy season. I’ve been driving my girlfriends suv and was glad to be in a high car a couple of days ago when heavy storms passed through. Saw a few cars stuck on the road.

Do they do better than ICE cars that I see often stuck in these floods? Obviously, I’m talking about water levels that do not enter the cabin and short the electrical insides.

2. ord3r

ord3r Member

Here you go: Elon Musk on Twitter

You may even get that to work more than once before totaling the car.

3. gbrgbr

gbrgbr Member

if you drive in water high enough to reach the bottom of your m3, the rear bumper cover may rip off. personal experience. about $2300 repair.

• Like x 1
  4. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Active Member

Don't do it. Youtube videos of disassembly of flooded Teslas show that the drive unit and battery are not water tight.

• Like x 1