Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 (and others) Prices Lowering In Canada? [same vehicle price, broken down differently]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just browsing the Tesla site tonight (Aug 26/27 2022) - Looks like most models seem to have gotten a reasonably sized price cut.
M3P base price now $82,000 even (roughly $2000 less than before)
M3 RWD back down to $59 990 as well
Seems like the Model S Plaid, both trims of the Model Y, etc all got cuts as well, and many of them are round numbers as well now.

I can't speak to the USD pricing as I'm not familiar, but this bodes well to buck the trend of ever-increasing prices across the board. Haven't noticed anybody talking about the decreases or any news/blog articles posted about it either yet.

• Informative
Reactions: Soul Surfer
Just browsing the Tesla site tonight (Aug 26/27 2022) - Looks like most models seem to have gotten a reasonably sized price cut.
M3P base price now $82,000 even (roughly $2000 less than before)
M3 RWD back down to $59 990 as well
Seems like the Model S Plaid, both trims of the Model Y, etc all got cuts as well, and many of them are round numbers as well now.

I can't speak to the USD pricing as I'm not familiar, but this bodes well to buck the trend of ever-increasing prices across the board. Haven't noticed anybody talking about the decreases or any news/blog articles posted about it either yet.
No price reductions in the USA on Tesla’s site.

Reactions: Tuner4life
Has the USD gotten stronger against the CAD? Oftentimes when interest rates are rising, that also increases the value of a currency vs others. Then again, you also have to factor in inflation, but it seems everyone is suffering high inflation.

Let me present a theory for the apparent price change. Many buyers here in Quebec wonder if the car is eligible for the EV credits. I think the limit on the car price is 60000$, but that limit is on the car price before additional fees like transport etc. By presenting the price with fees removed and calculated later, they make it clearer that it applies.