Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 annoying beeping sounds like 'morse code'

Do you hear a high pitched morse-code sounding beep in your Model 3?

• Yes

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • Yes, only when the lights are in ON, PARKING or AUTO

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wow, if you can't hear 3.6kHz, you've lost some serious hearing. We're born being able to hear around 17kHz. At middle age, assuming you've taken care of your ears somewhat, you should still be able to catch up to 14khz. Hopefully the amplification and frequency filter above makes it audible for everyone....

I am on 3018.4.9 700fb88 and it is now gone. I did hear it before. Not bothersome, but heard.

However I had power conversion system replaced while in service. I have no way to give attribution to which one.
i have had nothing replaced, so i can confirm it was 2018.4.8 that fixed it. I'm on to 2018.4.9, apparently 4.10 is on the way, with heated rear seats (some rumor i read on facebook tesla forum)

My model 3 software update 2018.32.2 came a few days ago and the next day I was driving home in the evening and suddenly this odd beeping started to occur but it sounded like a techno song so i changed the song and the channel but the sound continued and it would vary its frequency and beats. I then noticed that the navigation was no longer talking to me; the beeping for the parking sensors were no longer alerting me, and the wifi had no connection. The next morning i pulled the car out for to wash and no issues. Very strange...anyone in this software version have this occur? I wish i had recorded the sound...

Yes. Same thing. I've been reading this thread and was disappointed when I saw the fix was an update from that long ago. But your post gives me hope that it's the latestupdlate that caused the issue and hopefully they can fix in the next update. It's the exact same sound as in the video. Not unbearable but once you hear it you can't stop from noticing it.

These types of issues will test me... I just must remember I am an early adopter.
If there’s a name or disorder for someone who gets easily and overly annoyed by rattles and repetitive noises... well then I have that thing.

Had a 2014 base model Mustang that had a click in the vent window that was maddening...traded it in for a beater 9days after I reserved the 3.

Misophonia. A friend of mine was recently diagnosed- she is married to a loud chewer. Tough match, but she went through hypnotherapy and it is helping! Easier than yanking her spouse's teeth out...

• Funny
Reactions: Justmurr