Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 annoying beeping sounds like 'morse code'

Do you hear a high pitched morse-code sounding beep in your Model 3?

• Yes

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • Yes, only when the lights are in ON, PARKING or AUTO

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just confirmed that, per your experience, on my car the sound gets louder when I switch the lights from "auto" to "park". However, I can still hear it when the car is in "auto" mode. Oddly, it in some ways gets more annoying when it's quieter. (Again I have tinnitus at about the same frequency, so it's particularly irritating; and as a result of sitting in my car for five minutes my ears ring extra loud for the next hour.)

i second that with the tinnitus. my tinnitus is about the same frequency of the car (i wonder if we developed tinnitus because of some kind of electronics if they resonate at those frequencies?). if they can't fix it, i cannot drive it as it is. it hurts my ears, its unsafe for me to drive it with that kind of aggravation of tinnitus. my car is still at the service center.

i second that with the tinnitus. my tinnitus is about the same frequency of the car (i wonder if we developed tinnitus because of some kind of electronics if they resonate at those frequencies?). if they can't fix it, i cannot drive it as it is. it hurts my ears, its unsafe for me to drive it with that kind of aggravation of tinnitus. my car is still at the service center.

I wear Eargasm noise filter ear plugs (they are not true ear plugs, they just reduce noise so they are legal to drive with). Helps a lot with both wind noise as well as this sound, so I'd recommend that as an interim step:
https://www.amazon.com/Eargasm-Musicians-Motorcycles-Sensitivity-Conditions/dp/B019M576XW

Also if you have tinnitus, it's a good idea to protect your ears from loud noises anyway. (Regarding the causes, there are many and that's another story, but in my case and most cases, it's a result of hearing loss from too much loud music etc -- not from ambient sounds!)

Very curious what the service center says. It does seem like it takes them a long time to do things....

• Helpful
Reactions: Dr. J
well, i called the SC and they don't have my car, and they don't have record of any repair requests. but i have their loaner S still. waiting for a call back from the manager. this should be interesting.

That's hilarious. Could you imagine if Tesla called to say your car was ready for pickup from the SC and you told them, "Hmmmm, I don't have your loaner. Not sure what happened to it."

That's hilarious. Could you imagine if Tesla called to say your car was ready for pickup from the SC and you told them, "Hmmmm, I don't have your loaner. Not sure what happened to it."

i called fremont and they connected me back to the SC, manager is in a meeting and will have to call me later. it would have been nice if they could just GPS the car and say it's at least where it's supposed to be and not leave me hanging.

they disable the app while it is at the SC for "safety reasons". i asked them that one...
Mine's never been disabled while in for service. Perhaps it's just for Model 3? Or maybe it differs with the service center? I had guessed they could put it into "service mode" or something like that which would just disable the potentially annoying or dangerous things. But I can always see where at the SC my Model S is parked and whether the doors or trunk/frunk is open. And whether it's charging. And what its mileage is.