Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 annoying beeping sounds like 'morse code'

Do you hear a high pitched morse-code sounding beep in your Model 3?

• Yes

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • Yes, only when the lights are in ON, PARKING or AUTO

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just got a call back, it's there! they couldn't fix the beeping issue but they did report it to Tesla. what happens next?
Well, I once had my original S in because of a whining noise. They ended up keeping it for a couple of weeks while they did everything they could to track it down. It turned out to be some odd interaction between a fault in the wiring harness (which they replaced), how the wiring harness was routed, and the shielding on the speakers. Anyway, they finally fixed it, and I assume gained the knowledge to make sure they could fix it for anybody else who might complain about a similar issue. Meanwhile I had a very nice loaner.

Weird electronic noises are tricky.

Reactions: NOCO24U
That noise would drive me apeshit. Definitely happy you reported it so they can fix this before I receive my car.

i got my car back, no fix. they reported to tesla. i would copy/paste exactly what they did but i am still waiting on the email from them that was supposed to come yesterday. i called fremont to ask for the papers and am still waiting. will post the exact details soon.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
i got a call from the SC just now. This is what I was told
-the beeping is a known issue in the model 3
-it is almost all the Model 3's that do it
-a lot of people are reporting it
-tesla engineers are working on a fix
-it will be resolved "pretty quickly"
-once they have the fix they will call me back to schedule an appointment.

anyone else hear anything?

this is what my service invoice says:

"Concern: Customer: states there is a high pitch whining sound inside of the vehicle when the headlights turn on.

Corrections: Interior NVH General Diagnosis

Diagnosed and created sound recording of the noise which was submitted to engineering for further review.

Pay Type: Goodwill"

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
In my case the sound seems to be interference/related to the seat warmers...anybody experiencing the same?
in what way?

mine does it all the time, whether the seat heater is on or off. were you able to isolate/reproduce it following the instructions in this video? do that and then try toggling the seat heater to see if it affects the sound:

-turn the car on with the key card and press the brake
-turn off the climate system
-toggle between lights OFF and PARKING

Haven't heard that yet (blower is annoying however). My kid's young ears haven't picked anything up either.
Don’t want to hijack/derail this thread, I’ll be listening for the Morse code type noise to try and contribute to it, but I have a quick question about the blower... could that stay on for 2 to 3 hours? Just got my car yesterday, got home and charged in my garage, went for dinner and then home again. Upon getting home, there was a noise (blower perhaps?) that was loud and constant for about 3 hours. I checked one more time before going to bed and it was still going...could have kept going longer than 3 hours.
Sounds like a vacuum or hair dryer noise. High pitch whine. Normal? Nothing to see here? Dude, get off my thread?

Don’t want to hijack/derail this thread, I’ll be listening for the Morse code type noise to try and contribute to it, but I have a quick question about the blower... could that stay on for 2 to 3 hours? Just got my car yesterday, got home and charged in my garage, went for dinner and then home again. Upon getting home, there was a noise (blower perhaps?) that was loud and constant for about 3 hours. I checked one more time before going to bed and it was still going...could have kept going longer than 3 hours.
Sounds like a vacuum or hair dryer noise. High pitch whine. Normal? Nothing to see here? Dude, get off my thread?

the blower fan i mentioned is the HVAC blower on the heater/ac system that can be heard inside the car. the outside fan noise you're hearing sounds like its the battery fans or LED headlight fans. mine are on a lot as it manages the battery, i also leave my car plugged in at 65% charge since its freezing here in chicago. i consider those fans normal while the HVAC blower is ridiculously loud and sounds like no other blower fan i've heard before. but there are threads about all types of fans (i.e., Fan Noise), so let me know if you hear the beeping which is this thread.