Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 App access not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just picked up my 3 last night, really love the car. it's looks great and drives better than I expected. #1507. But I don't have access to the car from the App. I'm stuck using the does not always work card. There was 3 model 3's in the delivery center in Costa Mesa and apparently we were all having the same issues.

So we take delivery and within minutes we should be able to access toe car from the app. But after waiting for 40 min at delivery we gave up. Tesla says it's added on the correct account and all. But we still cannot even see the option to switch cars to the model 3.

Looking at my tesla account online, the configuration of the car also looks odd. The picture of the car is gray without wheels.

Delivery guys said it could be related to a software update that needs to be done on the car. But in reading the forums, other already have access to the feature.

We have tried to logout, log back in. We have uninstalled the app. We also toggled the remote access on the car and still no success. Now it's the next day and still no access. I am planning on calling Tesla Tech later today. but she's in the tint shop now so cant do it till i get her back.

Anyone here have any advise on what else I can try?

I believe I've seen in other threads that app access could (theoretically) take up to 24 hours although it typically happens much sooner. Since you just received your car last night, I would try again later to be sure.

So I just picked up my 3 last night, really love the car. it's looks great and drives better than I expected. #1507. But I don't have access to the car from the App. I'm stuck using the does not always work card. There was 3 model 3's in the delivery center in Costa Mesa and apparently we were all having the same issues.

So we take delivery and within minutes we should be able to access toe car from the app. But after waiting for 40 min at delivery we gave up. Tesla says it's added on the correct account and all. But we still cannot even see the option to switch cars to the model 3.

Looking at my tesla account online, the configuration of the car also looks odd. The picture of the car is gray without wheels.

Delivery guys said it could be related to a software update that needs to be done on the car. But in reading the forums, other already have access to the feature.

We have tried to logout, log back in. We have uninstalled the app. We also toggled the remote access on the car and still no success. Now it's the next day and still no access. I am planning on calling Tesla Tech later today. but she's in the tint shop now so cant do it till i get her back.

I also had a problem accessing the Model 3 with the iphone app. We picked the car up on Wednesday and they got the model 3 added to our phone apps while we were waiting and without them touching the phone. So Tesla must have done something on their end. Everything worked fine for a while, but as I was installing car seats around midnight on Wednesday, I got a message on my phone app that the model 3 had been removed from my tesla account, the model 3 locked itself, and the iphone app only showed my Model S. Luckily I didn't have any problems using the backup key card to unlock the Model 3, but always digging it out of my wallet was starting to get old. Yesterday I called Tesla technical support and they said they adjusted some things on their end, but it still didn't fix the issue. They said they would keep working on it and call me back when it was fixed. I haven't gotten a callback yet, but just now I checked and the model 3 access is back on the app! I'm home watching a sick kid and our driveway doesn't good cell reception so I can confirm that the app is accessing the car properly. But at least now the app shows the model 3 again.

There is some information in this thread that might help: Phone as Key Issues

Update - just a couple of hours after this post all of a sudden the app started working.

Using the card got really annoying because the car would not lock itself. Had to use the card everytime. Domes the car would not even read the card on the b pillar and it took several attempts. But now the app finally updated.

It’s odd how on some it’s Instand access and others takes hours.