Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 approaches Camry levels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nah, more of OFD and a sprinkle of G&G. Old Fart Disorder coupled with some Grumpy and Grumpier. 30 years of driving - some as an ALMS racecar engineer, some as a Group N rallye codriver, will do that to you. Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas.
Plenty of blues across Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland, Westchester, etc. Generally there are so many Model 3s and Ys in the Tri-State that SCs MSs and certified body shops can't keep up with everything from noob nags to near-totaled damage claims.

I see a few teslas but no blue 3s. I am in suffolk and I work in Manhattan. I have not seen a blue 3 other than mine. I am sure they are out there but must be the least purchased color or something. I actually seen a light silver 3 recently and they don't even make that color anymore.

I did see a blue model Y today though. First one I've seen other than in the service lot.

Service centers aren't that busy. I just scheduled an appointment in the app for next week. I mean it's not tomorrow but 7 days isn't bad. I think the delays in getting people's cars fixed is with waiting for parts after being scheduled. They don't seem to keep much in stock. I walked around the smithtown center and it's mostly empty space. I feel like they should have spare battery packs, motors, bumpers. Tesla only has 4 cars. Really the service centers should just stock everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Perscitus
I'd prefer my car to be inconspicuous. I eschew status symbols and don't want my car to be seen as a status symbol.
Same here. That's why all the extra money spent on my car has been to benefit me (tint, EAP, audio) and not for outside visual enhancement.

When people start talking (directly or indirectly) about how "expensive" the car is, the first thing I say is that (in my case), my Model 3 is the equivalent of a $27,000 car.

Reactions: DDHEverything
Same here. That's why all the extra money spent on my car has been to benefit me (tint, EAP, audio) and not for outside visual enhancement.

When people start talking (directly or indirectly) about how "expensive" the car is, the first thing I say is that (in my case), my Model 3 is the equivalent of a $27,000 car.

People (especially here) normally alternate between saying the model 3 is a 25 - 30k car, and 50-70k car. The later is normally used when some feature or another isnt present ("I cant believe XYZ isnt available on this 60k car!"). The lower number tends to be used when people are frustrated with Tesla build quality or perceived lack thereof ("this thing is built like a 25k car!")

Shrug... lol

Yeah? Show me a $27K car (or a $50K one) that has power tilt and telescopic steering column, power HVAC vents, power folding mirrors, 12-way front power seats, memory for 5 drivers, etc. Didn't think so :).
I wasn't clear in my post. The cost of the Tesla Model 3 is equivalent to $27,000

Overly simplifying, when I compared the payment and cost to charge the 3 to the payment and cost of gas, the monthly charges for the 3 were the same as a $27K car. Put another way: I ask them if they could afford a $27K car. If they say yes, then I tell them they can afford the Tesla. It's how I quickly counter the "it's so expensive" argument.

I actually wanted a red one but the only color which didn't cost extra was white so I got white. I'm very thrifty but some people might call it something else.

I seen a red one and a blue one recently on the road so I've finally seen all colors driving. They all look nice. The red really looks good with the old color sport wheels.